Best of gamescom 2012

Show Topics In:
Posted 3:44pm on Tue 21 August 2012
VG_Staff
Best of gamescom 2012
Here's our Gamescom 2012 Game of Show and the nine runners-up that impressed us the most.

Read Article
Posted 3:44pm on Tue 21 August 2012
IndoorHeroes
In response to Topic
Here's our Gamescom 2012 Game of Show and the nine runners-up that impressed us the most.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
No Borderlands 2 despite winning the grand prize award last year?
Posted 4:08pm on Tue 21 August 2012
squidman
In response to IndoorHeroes's

» Go to IndoorHeroes's original post
Don't look at me - I didn't vote for it last year, I didn't vote for it this year.
Posted 4:46pm on Tue 21 August 2012
squidman
In response to IndoorHeroes's

» Go to IndoorHeroes's original post
And also part of our judging criteria this year was each game's 'presence' at the show, which is one of the reasons LoL clinched it. Borderlands 2 just didn't have the buzz around it this year, probably because it's so close to launch. Same with Guild Wars 2.

Really, though, our runner's up section were the games that each member of staff brought to our discussion. I imagine most regulars can guess who picked what game without much difficulty!
Posted 5:04pm on Tue 21 August 2012
mydeaddog
In response to Topic

Read Article

Exactly. I'll go on record and say that Borderlands 2 looks the business, but the behind-closed-doors demo was just a quick overview of the five classes, plus a glimpse of the uber boss who crops up after you've beaten the game.

And while the latter looks like a lot of fun, the demo wasn't as much fun or as impressive as some of the other stuff that was showing.
Posted 5:13pm on Tue 21 August 2012
rbevanx
    In response to Topic

Read Article

The more I see of Dishonored, the more I want it.

All Call of Dutys are pretty much the same and I think Activision should seperate the MP and single player of the COD franchise as very few people care/love the single player for it. Sort of what Sony did with Killzone 3 with being able to but the MP on PSN and have the single player as DLC or something.
    Posted 5:48pm on Tue 21 August 2012
    MJTH
    In response to Topic

Read Article

Tear away seems like it could be the game that helps sell the vita. I like the look of the game so far. Also loving everything about Sim City so far (I don't particularly mind the always on internet thing). Can't wait till it comes out next year!
    Posted 5:52pm on Tue 21 August 2012
    rbevanx
      In response to MJTH's
      Tear away seems like it could be the game that helps sell the vita. I like the look of the game so far. Also loving everything about Sim City so far (I don't particularly mind the always on internet thing). Can't wait till it comes out next year!

» Go to MJTH's original post
      The Vita is a sinking ship, Sony were daft to even get it past the idea stage. Too expensive and competition from phone app based gaming as well the established handheld console (Nintendo) which is cheaper.
      Maybe taking Nintendo's method with relaseing very few consoles making it "sell out" all the time would have helped, never mind better choice in games but it's too late now in my view.

No wonder Sony have so much debt and I have no idea why they haven't gone bankrupt yet with how much they lose.
      Posted 6:19pm on Tue 21 August 2012
      MJTH
      In response to rbevanx's
      The Vita is a sinking ship, Sony were daft to even get it past the idea stage. Too expensive and competition from phone app based gaming as well the established handheld console (Nintendo) which is cheaper.
      Maybe taking Nintendo's method with relaseing very few consoles making it "sell out" all the time would have helped, never mind better choice in games but it's too late now in my view.

No wonder Sony have so much debt and I have no idea why they haven't gone bankrupt yet with how much they lose.

» Go to rbevanx's original post
      It's depressing seeing where the vita is going, especially seeing as a lot of people expected it to at least do comparably the same as the 3DS. But now people can only feel sorry for.

Cross buy also seems like only a short term solution as to me. It's a brilliant strategy now, considering the PS3 is out, and the Vita seems to be able to do graphic comparably as well as the PS3. But when the PS4 comes out if it is massively more powerful then the PS3 (and therefore the vita) what then. Cross buy is all well and good for the games that seem to be ports from one console to another. But that may not be possible with the PS4.
      Posted 6:24pm on Tue 21 August 2012
      rbevanx
        In response to MJTH's
        It's depressing seeing where the vita is going, especially seeing as a lot of people expected it to at least do comparably the same as the 3DS. But now people can only feel sorry for.

Cross buy also seems like only a short term solution as to me. It's a brilliant strategy now, considering the PS3 is out, and the Vita seems to be able to do graphic comparably as well as the PS3. But when the PS4 comes out if it is massively more powerful then the PS3 (and therefore the vita) what then. Cross buy is all well and good for the games that seem to be ports from one console to another. But that may not be possible with the PS4.

» Go to MJTH's original post
        Yeah cross buy was a good idea but not being able to play PS1 games (which the older PSP could for starters!) and not from day 1 be able to play PS3 games on the vita like the Wii-U were very costly as well in my view.
        It is possible to use the Vita like the wii-u remote easilly from youtube videos I have seen who have managed to do this.

I honestly think as well as being a bad idea to release a handheld console, it's also been very badly handled with as usual, Sony adding things after the release of the product which it wasn't designed to do.

It's a shame really as Sony in terms of games have been the best in the last two years easily in my view.
        Show Topics In:
        Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
        View Full Site