DayZ standalone could slip to 2013

Show Topics In:
Posted 11:53pm on Fri 30 November 2012
VG_Staff
DayZ standalone could slip to 2013
Developer "will not compromise the project for the short-term gain" of shipping this year.

Read News
Posted 10:54pm on Sun 2 December 2012
DarkMarmot
In response to Topic
Developer "will not compromise the project for the short-term gain" of shipping this year.

Read News

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
I think it's perfectly OK to wait if things are not ready, in fact applaud the willingness not to compromise on what is such a highly anticipated project. We realize that the gaming community can be horribly impatient on the whole, but can be more so when games are plagued with bugs and poor interactions. I'm excited for the release whenever it gets here since I felt it was truly the first game that came so close to a perfect zombie survival in concept, but came at the cost of utilizing an engine mod that was not fully suited for it, and of course the hacking to boot. There are a handful of changes I'm really hoping for, like being to fortify a position a little better with others like a base of operations (see current season of Walking Dead.) Or some Mad Max creativity elements in there too would be awesome. But keep up the hard work, looking forward to it!
Posted 11:19pm on Sun 2 December 2012
DancingRhino
    In response to Topic

Read News

Well, yes as long as it's not a Half life 3 job Smile

I've never actually played it, but have heard it's good.

I even made a nonesensical thread about zombies, as I'm loving the walking dead series. But there's so much that can still be made out of the genre in terms of video games. Might have to get a decent pc at last just ot play this.

Zombie U sounds ace, but doesn't have the strategy element probably.
    Posted 1:41am on Wed 12 December 2012
    xIRODRIGO
    In response to Topic

Read News

Im actually pleased its not going to be released this year and they are taking the time to develope the game and listening to the hard-core fans of DayZ not like WarZ who rushed everything to development of the and then say best zombie game ever.
    honestly this is going to be an amazing when it comes out and its going to be in my priority list for when its released.
    Show Topics In:
    Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
    View Full Site