E3 2013: VideoGamer.com's Games Of The Show

Show Topics In:
Posted 3:29pm on Mon 17 June 2013
VG_Staff
E3 2013: VideoGamer.com's Games Of The Show
As E3 2013 is committed to memory, the VideoGamer.com team looks back over the week to pick the games that truly stood out.

Read the full article
Posted 3:29pm on Mon 17 June 2013
jamiemann
In response to Topic
As E3 2013 is committed to memory, the VideoGamer.com team looks back over the week to pick the games that truly stood out.

Read the full article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
I think watch dogs looks really unique and promising i just hope it delivers on what it promises
Posted 3:53pm on Mon 17 June 2013
Cyanide
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Witcher 3, Division, The Evil Within and Fable Anniversary stole my eyes over the few days that were E3.
Posted 3:56pm on Mon 17 June 2013
CoffeeJezus
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Simon, not enough folks have given appreciation for how incredible Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker's vocal performances are on Arkham Origins.

Both absolutely nail Conroy and Hamill's tones with near perfection, the other variable could be applied to the characters themselves being younger. Very impressed.

I loved the warm colours as well. Given the Christmas setting, such warm hues set against snow and chilling architecture alike worked wonderfully. Oh and that Detective rewind mode seen in the gameplay trailer was fabulous.

For me the Arkham games have nailed the tone of a more mature Batman. As someone who hated the Nolan take, it's a pleasure to see that it can be done - and done so well - all without bleaching the characters and world down to some grey/brown blur of blah. I am curious as to who is writing the story this time though, as the animated series Paul Dini did an excellent job on the first two.

Oh and .. favourite Batman film - Under The Red Hood. Then the animated adaptations of The Dark Knight Returns, I reckon. Grin

The new Need For Speed, it's worth noting that half of Criterion are working on the new game along with Ghost!
Posted 4:02pm on Mon 17 June 2013
BC_Animus
In response to Topic

Read the full article

OMFG Matt Lees, been watching some of the VG E3 videos on YouTube. Bloody good work mate, you are now my favourite VG staff-creature, beating out Dave. I watched two videos back to back - and that's saying a lot coming from me, since I'm usually not a video person. Loving how your E3 videos were filled with personality and humour, and not just the usual cookie cutter interviews with the PR people + short clip of trailers.
Posted 4:05pm on Mon 17 June 2013
BC_Animus
In response to jamiemann's
I think watch dogs looks really unique and promising i just hope it delivers on what it promises

» Go to jamiemann's original post
Kinda afraid to play Watchdog to be honest... I've learnt that games with a lot of hype tend to disappoint, even if they're decent. It's like a making out session with Jessica Alba - I want it, you want it, but if we end up getting it I doubt it'd be as good as we expect. It's sad, but it's true. (Btw Jessica Alba, if you are reading this, feel free to prove me wrong... call me?)
Posted 11:33pm on Mon 17 June 2013
altaranga
In response to Topic

Read the full article

So then, E3…

Another games conference has come and gone. Two of gaming’s biggest RIVALS, Sony and Microsoft, went head to head with their new consoles. Although I cannot possibly comment on who won it does seem as though the issue of DRM had caused a bit of a DIVISION between Microsoft and the gaming community. The Xbox One show had muted cheers, clearly BELOW their expectations. On the other hand the PS4’s show went above and BEYOND, with whoops and cheers being heard when the release price was announced. A clear winner? It’s too early to tell, but Sony have definitely TAKEN the edge.

But it wasn’t all about Sony and MS playing war on the console BATTLEFIELD. There were plenty of games to see too. Nintendo showed us that the Wii U does have some games to look forward to, and that their console’s DESTINY isn’t necessarily to be the poor cousin of the PS4 and XB1.

The PS4 showed us fewer exclusives than the new Xbox, although the former console had more non-exclusive titles to show. Neither console was able to COMMAND and CONQUER in that regard, with people being split regarding who actually had the better games.

Of course the fanboys were out in their droves, each side seeming to MIRROR the sentiments of the other (from opposing sides of course). Note: I loved reading some of their comments, no matter how ridiculous they were. I let them slide, though, rather than RAIN on their parade.

Generally I think this year’s E3 has helped to expel some of the GHOSTS from previous years. In terms of hype there is a chasm stretching to INFINITY between E3 2013 and E3 2012. With many developers and publishers actually waiting for the actual conference to make their announcements (rather than the usual pre-E3 bollox) it would seem as though ORDER has been restored.

As for the rest of the year, it looks like there is plenty for us to WATCH, DOGS!!
Posted 12:49am on Tue 18 June 2013
mcnasty72
In response to Topic

Read the full article

You guys need to put your thinking caps on. If a developer has a great title why would we want to restrict where it can be sold? That would be like Coke Cola selling their soda EXCLUSIVELY at one store, and no where else, why would they do that? Exclusive is business speak for hype. Now exclusives from Sony & MS are one thing. But some exclusive from some dirty studio in Praga at shid. Think for a change, suckas.
Posted 1:11am on Tue 18 June 2013
BC_Animus
In response to altaranga's
So then, E3…

Another games conference has come and gone. Two of gaming’s biggest RIVALS, Sony and Microsoft, went head to head with their new consoles. Although I cannot possibly comment on who won it does seem as though the issue of DRM had caused a bit of a DIVISION between Microsoft and the gaming community. The Xbox One show had muted cheers, clearly BELOW their expectations. On the other hand the PS4’s show went above and BEYOND, with whoops and cheers being heard when the release price was announced. A clear winner? It’s too early to tell, but Sony have definitely TAKEN the edge.

But it wasn’t all about Sony and MS playing war on the console BATTLEFIELD. There were plenty of games to see too. Nintendo showed us that the Wii U does have some games to look forward to, and that their console’s DESTINY isn’t necessarily to be the poor cousin of the PS4 and XB1.

The PS4 showed us fewer exclusives than the new Xbox, although the former console had more non-exclusive titles to show. Neither console was able to COMMAND and CONQUER in that regard, with people being split regarding who actually had the better games.

Of course the fanboys were out in their droves, each side seeming to MIRROR the sentiments of the other (from opposing sides of course). Note: I loved reading some of their comments, no matter how ridiculous they were. I let them slide, though, rather than RAIN on their parade.

Generally I think this year’s E3 has helped to expel some of the GHOSTS from previous years. In terms of hype there is a chasm stretching to INFINITY between E3 2013 and E3 2012. With many developers and publishers actually waiting for the actual conference to make their announcements (rather than the usual pre-E3 bollox) it would seem as though ORDER has been restored.

As for the rest of the year, it looks like there is plenty for us to WATCH, DOGS!!

» Go to altaranga's original post
<sigh> That was bad Altaranga, even for you.
Posted 7:57am on Tue 18 June 2013
altaranga
In response to BC_Animus's
<sigh> That was bad Altaranga, even for you.

» Go to BC_Animus's original post
EVEN for me?

Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site