Formula 1 2009 Review

Show Topics In:
Posted 1:32pm on Wed 18 November 2009
VG_Staff
Formula 1 2009 Review
Quote:
F1 2009 is a perfectly competent racer, one of the best on the Wii, but it's not a classic by any stretch of the imagination.

Read Article
Posted 1:32pm on Wed 18 November 2009
Ghost_Dog
In response to Topic
Quote:
F1 2009 is a perfectly competent racer, one of the best on the Wii, but it's not a classic by any stretch of the imagination.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
Got this on pre-order for my father in-law as a Christmas present.

Glad to hear it's not awful, should keep him happy (he's a big F1 fan).
Posted 2:41pm on Wed 18 November 2009
pblive
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

Disappointing it doesn't seem to be as good as the still pictures would make you believe.

I may still get this at some point but I'm not deperate for it on release at the moment. While I'll probably get it on PS3 I do like the idea of motion controlled steering.

Good review yet again Tom.
Posted 6:17pm on Wed 18 November 2009
MJTH
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

Nice review Tom, being an F1 fan myself I a little disappointed it didn't get a better score, but you can't blame it for trying to go up aggainst the big dogs and losing (espicially since it didn't come to badly). I'm still getting it though.
Posted 6:29pm on Thu 19 November 2009
Dad
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

Nice review Tom and... Hello everyone - new member here.

I'm really looking forward to this one, if only to reclaim some 'Mii' time on the Wii. My kids usually yawn and disappear whenever F1 is on the TV so F1 2009 looks like the perfect opportunity to take over the lounge, wind up the audio and convince myself i'm world champion material!

I can live with simplistic graphics but I just know i'm going to be a bit miffed if i get a fluctuating framerate. Also, (it's hard to tell from the advertising) the steering wheel accessory doesn't look as though it has a flappy-paddle style lever for the 'B' button, which would have been a nice feature for realistic gear-change.

Hopefully my dear wife will have a quiet word with Santa, when the game hits the shops tomorrow!
Posted 6:49pm on Thu 19 November 2009
robz48
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

Hello Dad, If you want to tell us about yourself post in the introductions thread here. http://community.videogamer.com/foru...hread/page192/
Posted 6:54pm on Thu 19 November 2009
Mr_Ninjutsu
In response to Dad's
Nice review Tom and... Hello everyone - new member here.

I'm really looking forward to this one, if only to reclaim some 'Mii' time on the Wii. My kids usually yawn and disappear whenever F1 is on the TV so F1 2009 looks like the perfect opportunity to take over the lounge, wind up the audio and convince myself i'm world champion material!

I can live with simplistic graphics but I just know i'm going to be a bit miffed if i get a fluctuating framerate. Also, (it's hard to tell from the advertising) the steering wheel accessory doesn't look as though it has a flappy-paddle style lever for the 'B' button, which would have been a nice feature for realistic gear-change.

Hopefully my dear wife will have a quiet word with Santa, when the game hits the shops tomorrow!

» Go to Dad's original post
Genious name. I wish my dad's forum name was dad.
Posted 6:55pm on Thu 19 November 2009
robz48
In response to Mr_Ninjutsu's
Genious name. I wish my dad's forum name was dad.

» Go to Mr_Ninjutsu's original post
Your dad goes on forums?
Posted 6:58pm on Thu 19 November 2009
Dad
In response to robz48's
Hello Dad, If you want to tell us about yourself post in the introductions thread here. http://community.videogamer.com/foru...hread/page192/

» Go to robz48's original post
Thanks for that robz48, will do.
Posted 10:23pm on Thu 19 November 2009
Mike51
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

Great review Tom, now I am very excited to play this game. Does anyone have it yet? I ordered it from Gamestop, but they still have not sent it and I would like to just pick it up at a local store. Anyone know of a store that offers it?
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.