Game of the Year 2012: The Top 10

Show Topics In:
Posted 1:14pm on Mon 31 December 2012
VG_Staff
Game of the Year 2012: The Top 10
Includes us lot trying to sound clever talking to camera.

Read Article
Posted 1:14pm on Mon 31 December 2012
rbevanx
    In response to Topic

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
    I felt Martin made a very good case about Max Payne 3 in the video about how he couldn't see it working in consoles with the firing which at times it really was!

But Max Payne 3 was far too much style and the substance was just not there.
    It was even more annoying I couldn't just get on with the game and was forced to watch the Tony Scott style cut scenes, and when I did get to play the game it was pretty much the same thing over and over again.

It will always be a poor game to me and is no where near as good as the previous two.

Other than that a decent top 10 but was expecting Dishonred, Journey and Spec Ops to be in there at least.
    Posted 2:03pm on Mon 31 December 2012
    munkee
    In response to rbevanx's
    I felt Martin made a very good case about Max Payne 3 in the video about how he couldn't see it working in consoles with the firing which at times it really was!

But Max Payne 3 was far too much style and the substance was just not there.
    It was even more annoying I couldn't just get on with the game and was forced to watch the Tony Scott style cut scenes, and when I did get to play the game it was pretty much the same thing over and over again.

It will always be a poor game to me and is no where near as good as the previous two.

Other than that a decent top 10 but was expecting Dishonred, Journey and Spec Ops to be in there at least.

» Go to rbevanx's original post
    Man, you should totally tell us about how you didn't like Max Payne 3 again. We all love that story and aren't by any means bored of hearing it yet.

Very nice video, guys. An entertaining watch and some nice insights into 2012 top hits. I still haven't got around to playing a couple of these. But, I'm looking forward to them Smile

Happy NY, all! Grin
    Posted 2:04pm on Mon 31 December 2012
    jeffyboy40
    In response to Topic

Read Article

I totally disagree,MaX Payne 3 WAS the game of the year,with a special mention to the multiplayer which never really had a big community.Ido agree spec ops the line was amazing and should have charted higher
    Posted 2:22pm on Mon 31 December 2012
    Ghost5
    In response to Topic

Read Article

Fantastic list.

My top 3 would probably be:
    Halo 4
    Mass Effect 3
    Nintendo Land (Simply for the Multiplayer goodness)
    Posted 2:39pm on Mon 31 December 2012
    rbevanx
      In response to munkee's
      Man, you should totally tell us about how you didn't like Max Payne 3 again. We all love that story and aren't by any means bored of hearing it yet.

Very nice video, guys. An entertaining watch and some nice insights into 2012 top hits. I still haven't got around to playing a couple of these. But, I'm looking forward to them Smile

Happy NY, all! Grin

» Go to munkee's original post
      Well I would get 20 mins of cut scenes and 5 mins of actual gameplay. It also didn't help these cut scenes were constantly in the middle of the gameplay and I just could never switch off and engross myself in the game.
      The combat and enemies were also pretty much the same thing over and over again until towards the end where you get towards the airport hanger.

I think I would love it as a novel but as a game it was just far too long with bland repetive gameplay and it was trying too hard to be different. The makers of the game also put story first and game second quite clearly.

I have bought it on the steam sale mind but that was just for the MP pass etc as that was the only fun I had with the game when I played it on PS3.

Anyway my top 4 were:
      Mark of the Ninja
      The Walking Dead
      Journey
      Halo 4
      Posted 2:39pm on Mon 31 December 2012
      MJTH
      In response to Topic

Read Article

I'm not sure if I really agree with what got game of the year this year. My problem with the choice is that I think whilst it certainly is a brilliant game in the traditional sense, but it's not a flawless experience. And I think that this there were a few (2-3) of other games that did things differently from the norm and ended up being better games because of it.

And I am surprised that Journey didn't make the list, because I feel that it was an experience that pushes gaming in a way everyone and anyone can appreciate.
      Posted 2:49pm on Mon 31 December 2012
      Clockpunk
      In response to MJTH's
      I'm not sure if I really agree with what got game of the year this year. My problem with the choice is that I think whilst it certainly is a brilliant game in the traditional sense, but it's not a flawless experience. And I think that this there were a few (2-3) of other games that did things differently from the norm and ended up being better games because of it.

And I am surprised that Journey didn't make the list, because I feel that it was an experience that pushes gaming in a way everyone and anyone can appreciate.

» Go to MJTH's original post
      @MJTH - not I - for reasons touched upon in the Community GOTY thread. Found Journey to be lacking of... well... any form of gameplay at all, and certainly not worthy of such praise.alas, I think I built it up too much in my mind, for what it was... :-/

@VideoGamer.com - what, no Amazing Spider-Man?!?
      Posted 2:57pm on Mon 31 December 2012
      rbevanx
        In response to Clockpunk's
        @MJTH - not I - for reasons touched upon in the Community GOTY thread. Found Journey to be lacking of... well... any form of gameplay at all, and certainly not worthy of such praise.alas, I think I built it up too much in my mind, for what it was... :-/

» Go to Clockpunk's original post
        Yeah and Halo 4 is in the top 10 this time at least Wink
        Posted 4:03pm on Mon 31 December 2012
        altaranga
        In response to Clockpunk's

» Go to Clockpunk's original post
        =D

And no Battlefield 3?
        Show Topics In:
        Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
        View Full Site