Next-gen Xbox controller is pretty much the same as existing Xbox 360 wireless pad

Show Topics In:
Posted 10:47am on Wed 3 April 2013
VG_Staff
Next-gen Xbox controller is pretty much the same as existing Xbox 360 wireless pad
Apparently a little smaller, but no major changes.

Read News
Posted 10:47am on Wed 3 April 2013
bloody27
In response to Topic

Read News

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
the x360 standard controllers's D-Pad is f**** horrible. I don't use D-Pad since the original xbox.

PLZ MS don't F** UP AGAIN!!!
Posted 11:23am on Wed 3 April 2013
EverTheOptimist
In response to Topic

Read News

Sounds good to me, it's already a great controller. I very rarely use the D-pad for games so it doesn't concern me unless there's going to be greater implementation of it in next-gen titles. Aside from secondary functions I don't think this will happen though.
Posted 11:28am on Wed 3 April 2013
pblive
In response to Topic

Read News

Wouldn't it be nice if we were able to use the existing controllers on the next gen consoles? Even if they were second controllers, it would save a ton of extra money paying for controllers for 2 player games where any extra functionality isn't required.

As for the nextbox controller, I'm not surprised that they've kept it largely the same. They've got a new Kinect allegedly integrated in each console for any extra functions, anyway.
Posted 11:32am on Wed 3 April 2013
MJTH
In response to Topic

Read News

I assume the twist out D-pad design of the newer 360 wireless controllers will be the default now. I hear they are at least an improvement over the original d-pad design, even though it still wasn't perfect.

It's not the standard, then that's just moving backwards really.
Posted 11:36am on Wed 3 April 2013
infinite
In response to Topic

Read News

just add the ability to transform (switch) the d-pad with the left thumb stick... (for those that like the PS3 layout)... then you have both PS3 and 360 owners catered for then it will be just down to the games and the dashboard (XMB) in the hardware...

also would be good if they had backward compatibility in the pads (keep costs down let users, use their 360 pads too), and backward compatibility 360 games Wink that would be one hell of a way to pee all over Sonys parade...
Posted 11:46am on Wed 3 April 2013
Karlius
In response to Topic

Read News

D-Pad is an issue even in games like gears the twisty D-Pad was a massive improvement but still had some issues. I'd say that the 360 controller is the best native on the market and if they simply uprate the pots on the D-Pad for the new console it will be a sure fire winner.
Posted 11:59am on Wed 3 April 2013
BC_Animus
In response to Topic

Read News

Heh, the d-pad was usable for most games. My main problem with the original wireless controller was the weight. I'm a weakling and that thing tired the crap outta me everytime I gamed. Amazingly was the main reason I chose the PS3 as my main console. Sad, I know.
Posted 12:05pm on Wed 3 April 2013
rbevanx
    In response to bloody27's
    the x360 standard controllers's D-Pad is f**** horrible. I don't use D-Pad since the original xbox.

PLZ MS don't F** UP AGAIN!!!

» Go to bloody27's original post
    A bad worksman blames his tools.
    Posted 12:08pm on Wed 3 April 2013
    MrHEWBO
    In response to Topic

Read News

Big fan of the current controller so..... that's good i guess
    Show Topics In:
    Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
    View Full Site