Next Rocksteady Batman game to be based on the Silver Age comics from the 1950s

Show Topics In:
Posted 3:25pm on Wed 11 July 2012
VG_Staff
Next Rocksteady Batman game to be based on the Silver Age comics from the 1950s
The new title, being developed as a prequel, will revolve around Batman's first meeting with the Joker.

Read Article
Posted 3:25pm on Wed 11 July 2012
pblive
In response to Topic
The new title, being developed as a prequel, will revolve around Batman's first meeting with the Joker.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
Not sure about this decision, but Rocksteady have been great so far.
Posted 3:27pm on Wed 11 July 2012
Woffls
In response to Topic

Read Article

Can they do something not relating to Batman at some point? That would be cool... otherwise we're all going to get BATigue. Lol Lol
Posted 3:30pm on Wed 11 July 2012
Wido
In response to Topic

Read Article

Ok I am interested, however. I like The Joker, one of my favourite villains in the Batman universe, but I really think they should focus on a different villian. Besides it wouldn't be the same without Mark Hamill voicing the Joker.
Posted 3:49pm on Wed 11 July 2012
tvr77
In response to Topic

Read Article

i think so long as rocksteady stick to what there good at it will still be a great game, although i do enjoy the gadgets and surely if were going back in time the gadgets will go back in time too.
Posted 5:17pm on Wed 11 July 2012
rbevanx
    In response to Topic

Read Article

Might be a launch game for new consoles then if it's 2014. I'm hoping they at least use more new villans like Black Mask which for some reason still hasn't been used.
    It would have been nice to have seen what they would have done with Azrael and Hush which were hints towards the next Batman I thought but clearly Rocksteady had a change of heart.

If they are gonna go the TV show route then Eggman is a no brainer.

Posted 5:25pm on Wed 11 July 2012
    guyderman
    In response to Topic

Read Article

I'd imagine that the storyline may be based on a storyline from the Silver Age, but won't actually be set in the 50's as I'm pretty sure they don't want us to believe that Batman is in his mid 80's!

I was actually hoping for a third and final part in a trilogy with the setting being Gotham herself - natural step up from Arkham City - with a few more playable characters from the Bat Family.
    I was almost sure that they may have borrowed from the Contagion/Legacy story arc after the introduction of Azrael and St Dumas in Arkham City.
    Although to introduce Joker in the prequel would make Arkham City's ending even more meaningful in a Batman/Joker trilogy.
    Posted 5:42pm on Wed 11 July 2012
    Clockpunk
    In response to Topic

Read Article

All I ask for is Rainbow Batman, and the visual Smackdown effects, including (of course) 'Thwa-pish' Wink
    Posted 10:58pm on Wed 11 July 2012
    Batmamerc
    In response to Topic

Read Article

Would be great to go back to find out how the two met originally and the pow graphics would be a great touch lol
    Posted 11:05pm on Wed 11 July 2012
    Bloodstorm
    In response to Topic

Read Article

I as a comic fan don't see how this could work.

Batman is the only character that fits into a game, Superman is just too powerful and needs a kryptonite depowering macguffin, same with Wonder Woman, Flash is just too fast and Green Lantern is limited by what the devs allow you to do instead of what you could imagine.
    Show Topics In:
    Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
    View Full Site