Prince of Persia (2008) Review

Show Topics In:  
Posted 8:57am on Tue 2 December 2008
VG_Staff
Prince of Persia (2008) Review
Quote:
Game of the year is perhaps a stretch too far, but Ubisoft Montreal has come tantalisingly close to creating a real masterpiece.

Read Article
Posted 10:32am on Tue 2 December 2008
pblive
In response to Topic
Quote:
Game of the year is perhaps a stretch too far, but Ubisoft Montreal has come tantalisingly close to creating a real masterpiece.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
Good review Tom. I'll be getting this.

It's just annoying that you have this Prince of Persia Character that somehow has an American accent. Are they afraid that a foreign accent will put people off?
Posted 4:05pm on Tue 2 December 2008
Karlius
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

On my christmas list i think! Lol
Posted 5:58pm on Tue 2 December 2008
Wido
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

Awesome review!

The voice wouldn't be no issue for me as I'm also getting this game but after christmas, say boxing day :) Going for the steelbook edition the decor on that steelbook is bloody great, the best looking limited edition I have seen this year beside the Gears 2 steelbook like IMO
Posted 7:12am on Wed 3 December 2008
POP lover
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

Hell yeah ! ! This game is great , rather whole Pop series has always been great ! ! ! Also the bloody brilliant artwork! ! Now thats turned to real game grafics soo surely it will rock ! !

I guess i still luv da old prince n the new one definitely doesnt look like he deserves the title Pop :(

But still , his stupid voice aint enuf to stop me playing this bloody brilliant game :P

Great review Tom , i got all details i wanted from it
Posted 4:03pm on Wed 3 December 2008
D
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

What a missed opportunity and almost inexcusable oversite to not use the voice actor who was the prince in the sands triology. The guy who voices Drake is all wrong for this charactor. Also, it's bewildering that Ubi didn't get the connecton or tone right between the prince and elka down as this was also an issue in the sands sequels by many people.

The Sands games are some of the best, with the first being classic, though the Warrior Within was my favorite. Alot of people didnt like the darker tone. I loved it and though it was a perfect direction to take the series. a perfect game sans themusic selection. The Island of time is a twisted place and being able to go from past to present time is brilliant. Its the Empire Strikes back of the series. Where I thought the series went off the rails is with the Two Thrones. The enviornments ore evolved gameplay were nowhere as interesting and the relationship between the Prince and Farah was cold and flat compared to Sands. So disappointing.

With that said, I cant wait to pick up this game. I take all the POP I can get, esspecially if it has elements of ICO and Okami both in design and gameplay, two my all time favs as well.
Posted 10:09pm on Thu 4 December 2008
Michael
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

I just picked this up today. This is my frst Prince of Persia game so I finally get to see what all the hype is about.
Posted 1:08am on Fri 5 December 2008
J
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

played 4 hrs. until now.. and I must say I'm a bit disapointed.. way too easy if u compare it to the prequels.. graphix iz great 4 sure.. but still.. it feels boring after a while and not challenging at all.. :-(
Posted 2:25pm on Fri 5 December 2008
what the hell?
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

its sad to see another classic game fall to modern greed and idiocy. this game isnt bad but why is it a prince of Persia game when it has NOTHING to do with the price of Persia??? i'd have preferred to have this game be its own title. but since it "supposed" to be a POP series game it doesn't live up to any of the expectations i would have for one. all of the original points of the game (platforming, lots of dying and having good character structure) have been pissed on.
'
Posted 7:15am on Sat 6 December 2008
houston
In response to Topic
Quote:

Read Article

this game is a traveshamockery of PoP games, I bought it from best buy on dec 2, I was excited to play it but quickly found it to be extremely repetitive and boring, there is no killing, seldom one on one fights which are very slow moving, and the boss fights are terrible especially against the concubine. the only positive are the graphics, this game is a total rip off easily the biggest regret I have of games i've purchased, don't waste your time.
Show Topics In:  
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.