PS3 and Xbox 360 are too old for The Witness, says Blow

Show Topics In:
Posted 10:11am on Wed 28 September 2011
VG_Staff
PS3 and Xbox 360 are too old for The Witness, says Blow
Braid creator Jonathan Blow has explained why his next game, The Witness, won't be coming to PS3 or Xbox 360: it's because both platforms are too old.

Read Article
Posted 10:11am on Wed 28 September 2011
Woffls
In response to Topic
Braid creator Jonathan Blow has explained why his next game, The Witness, won't be coming to PS3 or Xbox 360: it's because both platforms are too old.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
If he's concerned about 360/PS3 not being capable enough for his game, then I'm not sure how much of the PC market he's expecting to capture. Is my 8800GT not enough for your masterpiece, Jonathan? But apparently it's okay on iOS?

I think his actual justification is in that third paragraph: doesn't like paying licensing but likes iOS.
Posted 11:51am on Wed 28 September 2011
IndoorHeroes
In response to Topic

Read Article

Also that screenshot doesn't look like anything current gen couldnt handle. Agree with Woffls.
Posted 1:47pm on Wed 28 September 2011
Endless
In response to Woffls's
If he's concerned about 360/PS3 not being capable enough for his game, then I'm not sure how much of the PC market he's expecting to capture. Is my 8800GT not enough for your masterpiece, Jonathan? But apparently it's okay on iOS?

I think his actual justification is in that third paragraph: doesn't like paying licensing but likes iOS.

» Go to Woffls's original post
And yet the iOS fees are still horrendously high!

The only reason I think of is the render distance. But then Bethesda managed more than that in Skyrim and Gearbox seem to have managed it with Borderlands 2!

Excuses excuses. We'll have the last laugh! ...maybe.
Posted 2:42pm on Wed 28 September 2011
InvalidUser
In response to Topic

Read Article

All I hear from this guy is a whinge about making games and platform holders, little wonder his back catalog will never take residence on any machine I own.
Posted 6:26pm on Wed 28 September 2011
Clockpunk
In response to Topic

Read Article

Blow loves to be in the middle of the media spotlight - which is a shame, as I think it was they trying to reach this stage that encouraged him (like so many others) to go all-out with their ideas. The Witness... doesn't look all that interesting, not does his statement hold anything but bitterness and greed.

What a shame - so much potential still held within him, as well...
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site