The Big Issue: Has Gears 2 saved 2008 for MS?

Show Topics In:
Posted 1:54pm on Mon 25 February 2008
VG_Staff
The Big Issue: Has Gears 2 saved 2008 for MS?
Is Gears of War 2 all Xbox 360 gamers have to look forward to this year?

Read Article
Posted 1:54pm on Mon 25 February 2008
doobi
    In response to Topic

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
    Well After GDC, APB just rocketed to the top of my must have list on the 360. That and 'Project Offset' has been in stealth mode for quite some time, but makes awesome promises.
    Posted 2:14pm on Mon 25 February 2008
    Terje
      In response to Topic

Read Article

Will anything sell as well on the 360 this year as Gears of War 2? Yep, Battlefield Bad Company!
      Posted 3:20pm on Mon 25 February 2008
      gman3
        In response to Topic

Read Article

Hey did you all know that in the bonus disc to gears of war limited edition under Inside Epic it actually shows a prototype of what a chainsaw duel would look like in real time...Check it out it's pretty sweet..
        Posted 3:33pm on Mon 25 February 2008
        The Closing
          In response to Topic

Read Article

I totally agree that Gears 2 is the only must own exclusive on the 360 this year. It's going to be one hell of a game, and sell phenomenally maybe sell more copies than any other game this year with exception of gta4. NG2 also looks good, but the whole genre is not really that appealing, and is more of a rental than a must buy due to lack of online multiplayer.

If M$ didn't have this it wouldn't be much of a fight, but more of a slaughtering when compared to the amazing ps3 exclusive line up this year.
          Posted 5:26pm on Mon 25 February 2008
          I am with U
            In response to Topic

Read Article

I agree. I played both Metal Gear and Splinter Cell on my PS2 and realy like Splinter Cell. MGS was more talking and doing stuff slowly. Personaly, I don't know how and why this game is so popular? the only thing I like is changing costume but it gets bored after some time. Hope MGS4 will be better than be4.
            Posted 5:37pm on Mon 25 February 2008
            Ginger_Jesus
            In response to Topic

Read Article

I agree on about the small majority of what you are saying. Ninja Gaiden its a multi platform game now, so that could generate sales for the 360 and the PS3. Meaning gameplay differences you could even say download-able content on new weapons for example or clothing thats if its online...

Gears of War 2 has pretty much saved MS this year, because the first gears out sold Halo the biggest franchise on Xbox. So you must think about that in a way if you know what I mean, also its not only about out selling another exclusive game but a storyline that has gripped people in like Gears because of the first one. Also in the new trailer to gears, Dom is mentioning his wife? or girl-friend? to Marcus and that has put a massive cliff-hanger on people. And alot of tension their as well, as the second series but they could also be a new type of locust in the game we don't know.

In my own view, I think GTA 4 will not be in the limelight for long. Like Saints Row for example yes alot of people go online, but has died out now no one really talks about it. In some sort of way I do believe that GTA 4 will be heading in that direction, this year I think FPS games will come out on top over other game genre's. RPG's this year has caught my eye, espeically being a massive Fable fan I will make sure that I get Fable 2. Not only that but their is Lost Odyssey I have already got it japanese import and its in english, also the manual book half way through is english so that is a good buy to be honest.
            Posted 5:54pm on Mon 25 February 2008
            ng2
              In response to Topic

Read Article

Let me tell you a lot of you are understimating ninja gaiden this game has a big follow up in japan and europe it will sell well in those regions I own both systems and when a game comes out on both systems I always pick the 360 bcause the controller feels more live w the rumble the ps3 feels too light and dead
              Posted 6:17pm on Mon 25 February 2008
              FantasyMeister
              In response to ng2's
              Let me tell you a lot of you are understimating ninja gaiden this game has a big follow up in japan and europe it will sell well in those regions I own both systems and when a game comes out on both systems I always pick the 360 bcause the controller feels more live w the rumble the ps3 feels too light and dead

» Go to ng2's original post
              If I tried to present a reasoned argument vs my boss over which console had the best line-up this year I'd get fired.

In my skewed judgement however, and taking into the likelihood that my boss won't be reading this, I think Gears of War 2 is overhyped already based on one cartoon and the word Maria, and, should it launch in 2008 and sell 5 million on launch day, it won't make a discernable upwards dent in the amount of software sold for the 360 this year because there's a great lineup already.

PS3 is starting to look interesting towards the end of 2008/start of 2009, with all the dependable exclusives like Gran Turismo, Metal Gear and FFXIII starting to crop up, not to mention Home, but if Age of Conan hits the 360 before the end of 2008 I might be too busy to look at them. And lets face it, as a Sony console player for 10 years I made the switch to the XBrick so I could play something different.

Not to mention Too Human, Fable 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Viking: Battle for Asgard, Command & Conquer 3: Kanes Wrath, Elveon, Race Driver: GRID, This is Vegas, Prototype, Lost Odyssey, all of which are on my current watch list.
              Posted 7:45pm on Mon 25 February 2008
              Anonymous
                In response to Topic

Read Article

Enough said back in the days when the elite came out I did the swicth from ps2 to xbox 360 and I din,t know what game to pick so I picked gears of war since than I loved the game control feel just right,there is not other game like it that is why microsoft publishis it and this game will sell more than mgs4 and killzone2 combined cause ps3 fanboys don,t buy games
                Show Topics In:
                Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
                View Full Site