The Last Guardian might not release in 2013 either

Show Topics In:
Posted 3:29pm on Tue 6 November 2012
VG_Staff
The Last Guardian might not release in 2013 either
Studio still busy working on the engine, says Yoshida. "Waiting for the right time" to reintroduce Team Ico's title.

Read News
Posted 3:29pm on Tue 6 November 2012
Clockpunk
In response to Topic
Studio still busy working on the engine, says Yoshida. "Waiting for the right time" to reintroduce Team Ico's title.

Read News

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
I never thought it could top either Shadow of the Colossus or Ico anyways, but... sadly predictable. Very surprised to hear they are still working on the engine after all this time. I wonder just what has been going on behind the scenes in the studio...
Posted 4:21pm on Tue 6 November 2012
TheHindude
In response to Topic

Read News

Annoying yes, but it'd be infinitely MORE annoying if they released a buggy, half-finished game... small price for hopefully an amazing game... when it gets here
Posted 6:59pm on Tue 6 November 2012
s_h_a_d_o
In response to Clockpunk's
I never thought it could top either Shadow of the Colossus or Ico anyways, but... sadly predictable. Very surprised to hear they are still working on the engine after all this time. I wonder just what has been going on behind the scenes in the studio...

» Go to Clockpunk's original post
"Very surprised to hear they are still working on the engine after all this time"

Agree - ominous tidings for a game already over three years in development. Implies that the underlying functionality is/was lacking in regards to fulfilling the dev's ambitions - one hopes the solution does not end up being something hacked and cobbled together.
That said, it may only be a matter of accommodating trivial tweaks to things like "look dev", such as those eleventh hour changes made to the art direction in the original Borderlands.
Posted 12:08pm on Wed 7 November 2012
guyderman
In response to Topic

Read News

I've sadly lost any interest I had in this game now. I'll check it out when/if it's ever released but I don't actually hold much hope for it.
Posted 12:21pm on Wed 7 November 2012
rbevanx
    In response to guyderman's
    I've sadly lost any interest I had in this game now. I'll check it out when/if it's ever released but I don't actually hold much hope for it.

» Go to guyderman's original post
    Me as well now that it's been pushed back again, esspecially that 2013 is the last year for this gen in my view.

I still haven't played Shadow of the Colossus which I keep delaying but rate ICO very highly after playing it on the PS2 years ago now.
    Posted 4:51pm on Wed 7 November 2012
    mydeaddog
    In response to Topic

Read News

The last three words could be cut from this headline.
    Posted 11:34am on Sun 11 November 2012
    BC_Animus
    In response to Topic

Read News

Taking bets now. Which will be released first - The Last Guardian, Duke Nukem Forever 2, or Gran Turismo 6?
    Posted 11:40am on Sun 11 November 2012
    FantasyMeister
    In response to BC_Animus's
    Taking bets now. Which will be released first - The Last Guardian, Duke Nukem Forever 2, or Gran Turismo 6?

» Go to BC_Animus's original post
    Out of those three I'd probably offer Gran Turismo: Horizon or an equivalent.
    Posted 5:25am on Sun 10 February 2013
    gesika6
    In response to Topic

Read News

I'm beyond caring about this game. I am a huge fan of Ico and SOC, and have been waiting for TLG to come out since I beat SOC, but after literally years of waiting, I have grown out of it. They forget that it's not a common game that everyone knows about, even in the gaming community, so the few people that they did get to fall in love with their games, are slowly losing interest and growing up. It's sad really, I had such high hopes for this game, maybe sometime in the future I will have time to check it out, but I will not be going out of my way to purchase it, maybe if a friend owns it, but I even doubt that, because all of my friends feel the exact same way. Sony will be losing money on this project. The way I see it now is, they should pay us to play the game.
    Show Topics In:
    Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
    View Full Site