What we've been playing this week.

Read Article
Posted 10:44am on Sun 5 December 2010
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for me, first game in years that keeps me going back to it despite already having completed all the offline achievements. It's the 100% synchronisation thing - a clearly defined goal with no achievement attached to it. Things like that get the completionist in me hooked.
Posted 11:24am on Sun 5 December 2010
dudester
In response to Topic

Read Article

Finished the witcher, really enjoyed this game tho I would say I expected the end to be bit more difficult as it can be quite punishing early on then you level up and its more of a level playing field in the middle, sloppy play can easily see you die in the middle part of the game. But further leveling meant at the end with the witcher sign skills and better weapons I slice up bitches for fun, rather then more difficult opponents it just tended to use larger numbers of them.
Posted 11:27am on Sun 5 December 2010
Wido
In response to Topic

Read Article

Been playing Reach and BlOps and the odd arcade game.
Posted 1:17pm on Sun 5 December 2010
scaz2244
In response to Topic

Read Article

been playing bit of everything

enslaved
Blops
bad company 2 - much better than blops
fifa 11
and as of yesterday just cause 2- which is actually really fun terrible story but a lot of fun
Posted 1:56pm on Sun 5 December 2010
Woffls
In response to Topic

Read Article

DragonBall Z Raging Blast 2 - Yeh, it's still awesome going SSJ2 with Gohan, but the game is pretty flawed if you're playing it for any extended period of time. The combat is complex but simplistic, and I'm not sure how to explain why. The fighting itself is pretty basic, so they've put in place some arbitrary rulesets and limitations to artificially inflate the difficulty and give the illusion of variety. The worst thing about these battles is that they can occasionally be obscenely difficult. Like being on zero health for an entire battle and having to beat 3 enemies all as powerful as you...

Gran Turismo 5 - This is my first racing sim, and it's not as much of a simulation as I was expecting. I can get away with - and in fact sometimes choose to - drive off road to take a shortcut, and the AI is just completely unrealistic. Put aside the terrible menu system and convoluted progression mode as being two of this game's major flaws, and you're left with its biggest offender: the terrible AI. That said, I've still really enjoyed getting to level 18 or so this past week and a bit, and I'll probably buy it someday.

VVVVVV - Not as hard as I was expecting, though I've only done half the game, I think. I'll probably play some more right now, because it's super fun despite not being able to change the resolution to fit my 1080p monitor =(
Posted 2:12pm on Sun 5 December 2010
ninjapenguin
In response to Topic

Read Article

been playing Blops, Fifa 11 annd mostly, perhaps my favourite game of the year... Game Developer Story on my Ipod, why is it so much fun creating a console and calling it the Jizzbox?
Posted 4:16pm on Sun 5 December 2010
Neon-Soldier32
In response to Topic

Read Article

BlOps - Still quite in love with this game, probably the best Call of Duty online since Modern Warfare and I have sunk almost a day into it now.

StarCraft 2 - RTS Genius

Poker Night at the Inventory - Very funny

GT 5 - I'm doing what I do with every Racing Sim - Losing intrest

Splinter Cell Conviction - This should just be called 24 the game (2), Angry man, daughter in danger, terrorist plot, gonna save the day whatever the cost and awesome at shooting.
Posted 5:19pm on Sun 5 December 2010
guyderman
In response to Topic

Read Article

Just finished Enslaved which was very good but was held back from being great by some dodgy gameplay elements - and an annoying camera.

Played Tron Evolution for about an hour and a half this morning and was not over keen so I don't think I'll be carrying on with it.

Will be starting Assassins Creed Brotherhood this evening.
Posted 12:07am on Mon 6 December 2010
clangod
In response to Topic

Read Article

For me again it's been:

GT5
Assassins Creed 2
PES 2010
BC2

I even suffered a moment of creativity and proceeded to create a setting on the Far Cry 2 map creator just for the hell of it. Fell asleep shortly after though and have yet to return to it. I feel that the pang of creative inspiration has lapsed and I won't go back to it for a while Wink
Show Topics In:  
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.