VideoGamer.com Plays April 1, 2012

Show Topics In:
Posted 10:59am on Sun 1 April 2012
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays April 1, 2012
This week the team plays Modern Warfare 3, Mass Effect 2, Skyrim and Mass Effect 3.

Read Article
Posted 10:59am on Sun 1 April 2012
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic
This week the team plays Modern Warfare 3, Mass Effect 2, Skyrim and Mass Effect 3.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
Forza 4 and Final Fantasy XIII-2. I've had Forza 4 since release and despite having completed 10 seasons I'm still only 50% through completing all the events. It's a mammoth task, and I like a mammoth task now and then. I might actually blub tearfully when it's complete.

I've had Final Fantasy XIII-2 just a few hours, and most of those hours have now been used up playing it. One thing it did brilliantly was show a synopsis chapter by chapter of its prequel, which just made me want to pick up and play the prequel again so I can cry when Sazh loses it where he discovers Vanille is responsible for turning his son into a crystal. Another thing that takes getting used to is optional random battles. Brilliant.

I also picked up Arcania Gothic 4 and Final Fantasy Tactics this week, it's amazing how much spare cash you think you have when you give up smoking, so I'm going to try and give up smoking again this week following a day 6 relapse. Not having spare time means both titles went on the physical to get to pile.

I now have a digital to get to pile as well, but my XBox 360 needs some kind of app that shows me a teetering stack of unplayed games or I'm just going to let it continue to grow. Then again that's another thing that could make me break down emotionally.

I'm such a hard nut.
Posted 11:30am on Sun 1 April 2012
Neon-Soldier32
In response to Topic

Read Article

Why does Martin have a picture for Diana Allers?
Posted 3:03pm on Sun 1 April 2012
pblive
In response to Topic

Read Article

Ridge Racer Unbounded. The handling is far too stiff and the competition is fierce, but the action is great fun.
Posted 7:22pm on Sun 1 April 2012
scaz2244
In response to Topic

Read Article

ive been constantly playing me3, i dont know how bioware did it but that opening of it was simply outstanding, lets hope they ending goes out with a bang! especially seeming as my shep is a total prick!
Posted 7:56pm on Sun 1 April 2012
Wido
In response to Topic

Read Article

Ridge Racer Unbounded for me. The steering is heavy and most all cars I have used feels the same in that respect. The game is OOT with a blend of Split/Second with destrucible environments and the takedowns or 'fragging' from Burnout.

Create a track is good, but you have to level up to unlock more content, so to get the most out of the create a track, finish all the singleplayer events, which there are 9 in total. The game is a challenge like Pb above has said, saying that, there is feck all tutorial. It's throwing players in the deep expecting players to know the controls straight away. Sure you can easily say RT for the throttle and LT for the brakes and B for the handbrake, but it would of been nice of a introduction.

Fun game and it is a blast! Enjoying it very much at the moment.
Posted 9:54pm on Sun 1 April 2012
Endless
In response to Topic

Read Article

I've been playing the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. A lot. I thought the Operation: Raptor challenge was a tall order, but I already had 2 classes above lvl 14, so I managed that easily. It just doesn't seem to get old, the slow steady attainment of incremental weapon and equipment upgrades, plus the chance that you'll unlock one of the other classes or an ultra rare weapon. It's Diablo-level anticipation!

I've yet to finish the singleplayer though lol. Thats not to say that I'm not enjoying the singleplayer, its just the multiplayer is more accessible. Sure I can save more or less any time I want in the campaign, but I cant bring myself to! So I need enough time to commit to a full mission.

News that there's a fix on the way for the online issues with SfxT is encouraging, not to mention the first content DLC release is this Tuesday, finally be able to customize characters with more than just black and white!
Posted 8:27am on Mon 2 April 2012
MrGloomy
In response to Topic

Read Article

Still playing ME3 to death. On my sencond play through so I won't give any ending spoilers. On my second play through though, I can definately say that ME2 is still the superior for me, although the combat mechanics are far better in 3. ME2 is like the Empire Strikes Back in the series. Mainly playing the campaign again to see how my other character romances play out.

I'm also playing a lot of ME3 multiplayer. A lot more than I was expecting to be honest. I've even got 2 classes of characters up to top level and promoted them (it's like the CoD Prestige levelling). I'm loving having so much variety in characters, abilities and tweaking my weapon-to-powers ratio. Let's just say, I've been playing enough MP to have my galactic readiness always at 100%. I'm ready for you Reapers, I'm ready.
Posted 9:11am on Mon 2 April 2012
CheekyLee
In response to Topic

Read Article

Working my way, slowly, through Mass Effect, just because it was next to the XBox when I decided to clear some pile of shame games. And, all my earlier problems with the game turn out to be due to me not bothering to level people up or give them better equipment. In my defence, the game is quite woeful in this area. And whoever decided that the Mako was a good idea needs slapping in public every day for a week.

Other than that, I spent a whole bunch of time in Draw Something. I had 30 or so games on the go, but my daughter decided to eat my iPhone and now nothing will come on the screen. I am sad.
Posted 9:46am on Mon 2 April 2012
dazzadavie
In response to Topic

Read Article

This week has been a quite week. Did have a mate over so we played some Fifa 10 and Blur. Also got a very small amount of time on Mass Effect 2 in which I've left Omega early and need to return to finish recruiting.
I also got a little play on Mass Effect 3 multiplayer for Operation: Raptor but I was only able to promote one character having already promoted one last weekend.
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site