VideoGamer.com Plays April 5, 2013

Show Topics In:  
Posted 5:15pm on Fri 5 April 2013
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays April 5, 2013
This week the team has been playing BioShock Infinite, Darts Night and Dishonored.

Read the full article
Posted 5:15pm on Fri 5 April 2013
munkee
In response to Topic
This week the team has been playing BioShock Infinite, Darts Night and Dishonored.

Read the full article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
Is anybody else playing Luigi's Mansion 2? It's absolutely brilliant! The animation is incredible and the attention to detail is way beyond any AAA HD game. It's atmospheric, funny and interesting to play with some very sneaky puzzle mechanics. The collectables become an addiction without you ever intending to hunt them down. Oh, and the haunted mansions are so well designed that you'll want to explore every little nook and cranny. Possibly one of the best made games I've ever played.
Posted 5:36pm on Fri 5 April 2013
MJTH
In response to munkee's
Is anybody else playing Luigi's Mansion 2? It's absolutely brilliant! The animation is incredible and the attention to detail is way beyond any AAA HD game. It's atmospheric, funny and interesting to play with some very sneaky puzzle mechanics. The collectables become an addiction without you ever intending to hunt them down. Oh, and the haunted mansions are so well designed that you'll want to explore every little nook and cranny. Possibly one of the best made games I've ever played.

» Go to munkee's original post
I wish I was playing that but I'll have to wait and get it later this year. It does sound great though. It does sound like they worked hard to make it that good though. According to some of the Devs halfway through production Miyamoto went to check on how the boss design was going. He didn't like them, so he told to scrap every boss they had made so far and start from scratch for the most part. At times I'm not sure whether Miyamoto is a genius or a raving loony.
Posted 5:59pm on Fri 5 April 2013
MJTH
In response to Topic

Read the full article

I've been playing this week New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3DS and Lego city undercover. I won NSMB2 as the MotM prize in the previous months and have only just gotten to it now. It's quite generic, one of the lower games on the list of great 2D Mario games. No where near as good as NSMBU, which I think is better then Mario World, (although Mario 3 is still the best, and the DX port of original is still my personal favourite). It's still a 7/10 fun game, which speaks volumes about the quality of the rest of the series. The coin collect side objective does add something, although not much.

As for Lego City Undercover, I love it! It's brilliant, there is so much to do so much variety, I never found myself once running round the city with having some sort of mission collectable or side objective worth doing. It's and open world, but it's not really a sand box like GTA where you can end up doing crazy things in you spare time between missions. In LC:U it's more about doing the wide variety of things the games has given you to do rather then actually creating your own fun. The humour is great as well. It's very clever how they've work in so many references and things adults would only get, but kids would laugh at. I mean, I know that the level in the scrapyard is has a parody of Starsky and Hutch and that you are dressed up as a pimp, but to any child they would just laugh at all the jokes and the funny costumes.

The only catch with LC:U is technical issues. There is occasional pop in and and the odd frame rate issue, but the loading times geese... they're terrible. It's probably got to do with for the most part the fact that it loads a cut scene quickly out of the game engine, but then has to load the entire game world in again every time. That's really the only major issue though. The longest load times aren't frequent, but they happen enough that you notice them, if you just go straight from story mission to story mission.
Posted 9:03pm on Fri 5 April 2013
Catterick
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Why are you so bad at games Dave?
Posted 9:32pm on Fri 5 April 2013
pblive
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Another Nintendo week; NFS: Most Wanted Wii U, Lego City Undercover , Black Ops 2 and Luigi's Mansion 2

Having more time to play over the bank holiday was great for a change and now I'm finally able to get on to Defiance after all the server issues. Loving it so far.
Posted 10:23pm on Fri 5 April 2013
Njeezy
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Defiance for me, it's good fun although the menu takes some working out, also quad-bikes with nitro bursts are fun.
Posted 5:51pm on Sat 6 April 2013
VG_Dave
In response to Catterick's
Why are you so bad at games Dave?

» Go to Catterick's original post
Spenceley beat me at FIFA yesterday, too...
Posted 5:53pm on Sat 6 April 2013
MrHEWBO
In response to VG_Dave's
Spenceley beat me at FIFA yesterday, too...

» Go to VG_Dave's original post
Spence isn't bad at fifa to be fair.
Posted 9:24pm on Sun 7 April 2013
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read the full article

A little bit of Life is Crime on Android and not enough Defiance on XBox 360 because I've been in Wales, where I can shear a sheep faster than I can get a 0.01kb size file to download using Pembroke Dock's finest internet service.

But I am now back in Bristol, playing both, loving both, life is good.

Defiance turns out to have Episodic Missions as well as Main Missions, so I've just completed one. And it was fun, added a lot of character to the characters so to speak. I is now grinding reputation whenever possible, pursuing more main and side missions, grinding more weapons, grinding more skills, grinding more EGO, grinding more vehicles. And I'm one of those people that loves grinding, otherwise I'd probably not be playing it.
Show Topics In:  
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.