VideoGamer.com Plays August 19, 2012

Show Topics In:
Posted 3:50am on Sun 19 August 2012
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays August 19, 2012
This week the team has been playing Sleeping Dogs and FIFA 12.

Read Article
Posted 3:50am on Sun 19 August 2012
CharleSketch
In response to Topic

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
I'm loving Sleeping Dogs. Just yesterday I finished the main storyline and have started roaming around the fantastic-looking city. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the story, my only complain being that it's too short; it left me wanting to know more about the characters and their conflicts, but overall it has a nice closure that feels in tone with the rest of the game. Gameplay-wise, it's really fun; combat is fluid, violent, gory and ridiculously fun to watch. The gun sections can get pretty exciting and fun as well, shooting an enemy with a shotgun while vaulting over an obstacle in slow motion rarely gets dull. It may be my favorite open-world game (RDR being a very close second), it doesn't innovate, but what it does it does fabulously.

Also, finally got the chance to complete Part 4 from Asura's Wrath story. I bought it a while ago after reaching that horribly teaser of a cliffhanger ending from True Episode 18. And I have nothing to say but... WOW. WOW. Best dlc I've bought in a while. I loved the whole experience with the title, pure adrenaline from start to (true) end. I still think it would've been interesting if they had released the game digitally, one episode a week over the course of 3 months, just like the average season of any anime. Would've been much more exciting that way, in my opinion.
Posted 4:23am on Sun 19 August 2012
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read Article

Raptr tells me I crammed in 56 hours and 53 minutes of gaming this week. A good 50% of that was on Full House Poker where I finally managed to get my Avatar to MegaStar status. I hope he's happy, personally I'm just 'meh' about it.

A few hours of A World of Keflings also contributed to this MegaStardom as it is now compatible with the Avatar Fame program and has associated activities to complete.

James Cameron's Avatar: The Game - the trend will end here, promise - chewed up a good 20 hours, I'm at the end of the RDA campaign, after which I can start playing as Na'vi, apparently that's a lot more fun.

Hunted: The Demon's Forge (courtesy of Monsieur Gaston's goodie bag last year) finally got opened and hastily put back on the shelf after a couple of hours - we didn't get on.

And today onwards has been Sleeping Dogs. Activision must be kicking themselves.
Posted 8:06am on Sun 19 August 2012
dazzadavie
In response to Topic

Read Article

Finished I Am Alive It was alright but nothing special.

Started Fallout: New Vegas on Hardcore mode and think I'm about to die of dehydration. Severs me right going at it like I did in Fallout 3.

Battlefield 3 was back on the cards once I got hold of some 48hr Gold passes. Could tell I've been away for a awhile as I struggled to get going in any game. In the end a CQ game was my best round but that didn't help on any of larger maps. Sad
Posted 8:21am on Sun 19 August 2012
Batmamerc
In response to Topic

Read Article

Started week trying to play battlefield 3 but it needed a 2.6GB update, mad, so played forza 4, Tuesday tried to play BF3 but I needed map pack download that I got with limited edition but that was 2.3GB download so played forza 4 and tropico 4, Wednesday I wanted to play BF3 but my Internet died so played forza 4, thursday bought bulletstorm for £7 pre owned bad idea as need EAs god forsaken online pass that had obviously already been used so that game is kinda useless and I'm not buying the pass. Friday I needed a break from annoying gaming so got very drunk instead. Saturday i bought my first brand new game this year, sleeping dogs played that till the early ours of Sunday Morning, loving it so far, more of that Sunday evening, a better end to this gaming week than the start of the week at least.
Posted 10:22am on Sun 19 August 2012
rbevanx
    In response to Topic

Read Article

Finished Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Crysis 1 this week.
    Also did The Missing Link again which is a really good bit of dlc for 600msp at the mo.
    Also played some Deadlight and after playing a good chunk of it, I'm quite surprised Martin was very negative towards it. Not a classic I agree but no where near as bad as he pretty much stated in his review.
    Posted 11:18am on Sun 19 August 2012
    Clockpunk
    In response to Topic

Read Article

The Amazing Spider-Man, just spent a few hours doing one main mission, one side, and a lot of web swinging/collecting comic pages throughout the city!

Also spent a couple of hours on Sleeping Dogs. Hmmm... a litle bit cliched and cheesy, but still, seems like it will provide plenty of exploration. Really like the music choices, and it does seem to have captured the... exuberance... of the Chinese marketplace.
    Posted 11:43am on Sun 19 August 2012
    CheekyLee
    In response to Topic

Read Article

According to Raptr, I have played nothing this week. I know that I haven't played much, but it's more than nothing.

I bought CS:GO, for example, and tried Arms Race mode. I can see that becoming the most loved AND hated game of the next few months for many. I also bought Sound Shapes on the PS3, and played about an hour or so of that. And I am now expecting to lose FOUR games on Hero Academy. So there, that shows YOU, Raptr!
    Posted 12:37pm on Sun 19 August 2012
    jeffyboy40
    In response to Topic

Read Article

Playing and loving SLEEPING DOGS,simply the best open world blah blah blah in a good while,having a blast with the martial arts combat,driving and exploration and the story and script is right up there with rockstars finest ,added to that the great music and you have a strong best sleeper hit of the year contender.Also finished INVERSION,just gets better as you play through,had a good ending too.
    Posted 12:43pm on Sun 19 August 2012
    MJTH
    In response to Topic

Read Article

I finished san andreas and started the slow re-acclimatization back to vice city. Also I am still waiting for torchlight 2 to come out. My holiday is slowly disappearing and even though it is supposed to be out by now, I'm worried I won't be playing before the new school term starts.

On a side note my I-pod touch (gen 1) is also on its last legs. I can play music and podcasts just fine, but flicking through playlists and browsing the web lead to spontaneous freezing. No third party apps will work so it's uses are diminishing. I should get anew one, but without money that is easier said then done.
    Show Topics In:
    Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
    View Full Site