VideoGamer.com Plays August 30, 2013

Show Topics In:
Posted 8:49pm on Fri 30 August 2013
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays August 30, 2013
GTA 5 is out soon! Therefore all other games must be finished now...

Read the full article
Posted 8:49pm on Fri 30 August 2013
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read the full article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
Deus Ex was a bit marmite I think, I certainly got bored early on but there's a sense that if I just get the the right build I'll be fine, so it's on the 'to get back to one day' pile. Mind you I don't get on with Dishonored either so it might just be that the gameplay type isn't my thing.

Same with The Walking Dead, I think the Zombie genre is reaching saturation point for me. They're perfect bad guys in that human's have great fear of being eaten alive, some are fast, some are slow, some are tanks etc., but I think I'm all zombied out on the genre.

So I'm back on Pandora in Borderlands 2. 6 characters all at varying stages of development, all with unique approaches to each scenario, some making the game incredibly easy (Gaige and her BFF skill tree) and others for when you like nice and complicated (Kreig, still wondering which way to develop Krieg). Best of all, all of them benefiting from each other as the BadAss Rank continues to increase each time any of them hit a milestone and add another 0.3% to everyone's stats.

It's an inspired system, and I love it.

Also playing Faerie Solitaire on and off, those final two achievements are down to pure luck and chance and I refuse to give up.
Posted 10:20pm on Fri 30 August 2013
pblive
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Disney Infinity with the kids. Tom, you've obviously lost all hope of recovering any sense of childlike wonder! It's great fun and is supposed to be basic enough for kids to get stuck right in to it. The cars and Incredibles playsets have been played the most in our house, though.

Spelunky I didn't really get where people were coming from with this game until I got the chance to play it for myself on the PS Vita. Great game and Cross-buy too.

Real Boxing First boxing game on the Vita, though it's an almost direct port of the mobile game with a little polish of the graphics and some physical controls.

Splinter Cell Blacklist Interesting mix of some sneaking and some just blowing everything up so far. I like the tech aspect, but it hasn't quite caught me just yet (still only a very short way in).
Posted 8:23am on Sat 31 August 2013
munkee
In response to Topic

Read the full article

The Walking Dead I'm with FantasyMeister on this one. I'm so fed up with not only Zombies, but simply hearing about how good The Walking Dead is that I couldn't even bring myself to read the entire paragraph Simon wrote. Personally I found that game pretty boring. I saw it more as an interactive book and quit when I realised I wasn't actually doing anything.

Saints Row The Third was free on PS Plus. I played the first mission and laughed my head of. It was a lot of fun. Then the game world opened up offering no direction at all as to what it wanted me to do and almost every corner dropped me into a gunfight that left me under powered. This continued for about half an hour before I turned it off. I'm unlikely to ever play it again.

Guacamelee Now this game is a lot of fun. The artwork is gorgeous, the humour is entertaining and the gameplay is tight. It plays like a Metroid game, but does everything with a quirky style and a wink to the past. I was having a pleasant romp through its worlds until I acquired a certain mechanic that requires me to time button presses between incredibly difficult jumps. Now the game is a perplexing war of puzzle solving and razor sharp reflex. Oh, and it leaves my hands feeling like I've been an arthritis sufferer for the past 15 years. Yup, this game has become really difficult! I'm determined not only to finish it, but to one day be Flame Face (he's so cool).

Also, Deus Ex got a lot better as you got deeper in. It's unfortunately a game of both great bits and really ***** bits. Personally I really enjoyed it and I think that was down to the atmosphere of the game.
Posted 1:04pm on Sat 31 August 2013
KamSage
In response to Topic

Read the full article

I sunk my time into Splinter Cell: Blacklist for a week, completing all missions and sinking a lot of time into Spies vs Mercs.

Ultimately, a great game in my opinion, but not perfect of course. The story missions are suitably difficult enough if you want to play it stealthy and sneak around them all, whilst guns blazing is less enjoyable and perhaps easier. This definitely a stealth game with action elements in it, which still makes it a stealth game. Story wise, a usual Tom Clancy terrorist, world ending thing that one team has to stop, nothing special, but the characters are alright, and it's not too self referential so you could just jump straight into the story.
Optional missions are different slices of what you want to do, enough variety to fit your mood, whether you want to sneak past everyone or slowly eliminate them one by one or shoot em up. Co op is fun if you match with the right person, but i've mainly found people who don't know what stealth is, but if you find the right person it's beautiful.
Spies vs Mercs is grand, like AC and CoD multiplayer mixed together and works beautifully. Teamwork, as usual, is a must to win and that will determine the winner a majority of the time no matter if your spy or merc. But if no one is team working, the person with the best use of their gadgets, abilities and skills will determine the winner, it's definitely fen, frantic and tense whichever faction you're part of.

All in all, much, much better than Conviction which I enjoyed a lot, recommend a buy for people who enjoy Assassin's Creed's sort of stealth, Ubisoft products are a bit homogenised, still it's fun.
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site