VideoGamer.com Plays December 11, 2011

Show Topics In:  
Posted 1:03pm on Sun 11 December 2011
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays December 11, 2011
This week the team plays Gears of War 3, Saints Row: The Third, Star War Galaxies, and Flick Kick Football.

Read Article
Posted 1:03pm on Sun 11 December 2011
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic
This week the team plays Gears of War 3, Saints Row: The Third, Star War Galaxies, and Flick Kick Football.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
Pushed on a little bit further with Rage but I can now empathise with posters moaning about the slight repetitiveness of the fetch quests. Go somewhere to complete a quest? Not that easy, gotta do this quest first. Gotta do this quest first? Not that easy, gotta do this quest first, and so on.

On the plus side, the gaming backbone of the last fortnight has remained in the form of Forza 4. Season 10 complete I'm now working through the mammoth event list. And I mean mammoth, it's going to take months.

I also bought a digital copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic from Origin. £44.99. But I want to be there day one for no other reason that 10 years from now I can reminisce about how hard everything was when the game first started, the launch problems we had to put up with, how today's newbies have it easy, etc.
Posted 2:21pm on Sun 11 December 2011
Clockpunk
In response to FantasyMeister's
Pushed on a little bit further with Rage but I can now empathise with posters moaning about the slight repetitiveness of the fetch quests. Go somewhere to complete a quest? Not that easy, gotta do this quest first. Gotta do this quest first? Not that easy, gotta do this quest first, and so on.

On the plus side, the gaming backbone of the last fortnight has remained in the form of Forza 4. Season 10 complete I'm now working through the mammoth event list. And I mean mammoth, it's going to take months.

I also bought a digital copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic from Origin. £44.99. But I want to be there day one for no other reason that 10 years from now I can reminisce about how hard everything was when the game first started, the launch problems we had to put up with, how today's newbies have it easy, etc.

» Go to FantasyMeister's original post
The only game that has grace my console this week is Saints Row: The Third. Been a very busy week, with work, important revision, and other prep, so the bite-sized modular nature of the title is perfect. The ability to go on and do 'x' no. of things, that will take up roughly 'y' amount of time, is ideal for such situations. of course, it is very easy to get distracted, and fall the old 'ooh, that looks interesting! Might as well...' mentality, but then, that is the hallmark of a good game after all!
Posted 2:40pm on Sun 11 December 2011
PlaidHatter
In response to Topic

Read Article

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, because I actually pre-ordered it, but I'm playing Mass Effect (PC). I'm planning on just finishing it up then reading the books between 2 and 3 then going straight into 3 when it comes out in March.

Somewhere along the way I have to find time for KOTOR though!
Posted 3:16pm on Sun 11 December 2011
Wido
In response to Topic

Read Article

The following:-

Saints Row The Third
Warhammer 40k Space Marine
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
StarFox 64 3D
LoZ: Skyward Sword
LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D
Posted 3:59pm on Sun 11 December 2011
squidman
In response to Topic

Read Article

I like you guys who bold your game titles. That's a nice flourish.
Posted 4:05pm on Sun 11 December 2011
FantasyMeister
In response to squidman's
I like you guys who bold your game titles. That's a nice flourish.

» Go to squidman's original post
Saves us having to type TLDR: Game 1, Game 2, Game 3 Smile
Posted 5:37pm on Sun 11 December 2011
dazzadavie
In response to Topic

Read Article

As always Battlefield 3 has been getting the most play time. Cannot wait for the Back to Karkand on Tuesday.
Had a visit from a couple of mates one of which had bought Street Fighter with him. I really don't get on with fighting games but I didn't do to bad. Also got in some split screen CoD:MW3 which was a first, wasn't blown away with the maps at all.
Posted 9:28am on Mon 12 December 2011
dav2612
In response to Topic

Read Article

Dead Island - I'm rather enjoying this one. It's flaws are there for all to see but there is something in brutally slaughtering zombies that I seem to enjoy.

Borderlands - I hate skags. And spider ants. And those flying thingies. I hate all form of life on this game. I'm not enjoying it as much as many on this forum but something keeps pulling me back.

Mario Kart 7 - I've finally manged to play online. And 4 very convincing last places in a row made me realise why my 3DS was reluctant to let me on. I did better on my 2nd tournament and finished joint top on my 3rd.

Pullblox - wonderful little puzzle game on the 3DS.

Zen Pinball 3D - rather good and some impressive depth to the 3D.
Posted 9:44am on Mon 12 December 2011
Endless
In response to Topic

Read Article

Had a friend over to stay whose recently gotten back from 2 and a half years travelling round the world, so most of the weekend has been us catching up and playing what few games have local co-op. This mainly included:

Halo: Reach
Gears of War 3
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon.
Rock Band 3.

There was also more than a little talk of The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Smile
Show Topics In:  
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.