VideoGamer.com Plays January 6, 2013

Show Topics In:
Posted 9:23am on Sun 6 January 2013
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays January 6, 2013
This week the team has been playing Football Manager 2013, Score! Classic Goals, and Civilization V: Gods and Kings.

Read Article
Posted 9:23am on Sun 6 January 2013
munkee
In response to Topic
This week the team has been playing Football Manager 2013, Score! Classic Goals, and Civilization V: Gods and Kings.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
I've also been playing RAGE over the holiday. I absolutely love it. Sure, there's a bit too much covering the same ground. But, the gameplay is ace. The AI is fun to combat and each character type has its own attack/defend patterns. While our player mechanics keep it simple but solid; manuever and shoot. Then, there's the graphics. They are stunning! I've just been through the Dead City and got more than a whif of Doom in those corridors. Texture pop-up and backtracking too often are a shame.but, definitely a small price to pay for some seriously good shooting and an absorbing world.

Now, where's Doom 4?
Posted 10:01am on Sun 6 January 2013
dazzadavie
In response to Topic

Read Article

Picked up Deadlight and The Walking Dead in the XBLA sale. I've only just started both of them but loving The Walking Dead. Deadlight I'm not much past what I played in the trial.
Aslo being up till god only knows what time with the new born I've nearly done all the achievements in Shuffle Party too.
Posted 10:09am on Sun 6 January 2013
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read Article

I've been playing Texas Holdem Poker Deluxe by IGG.com, free on Android/iOS and when your phone battery dies, Facebook with the same account.

It's basically the most fully-featured poker game out there that I know of, and you either win your chips playing (you start out with 30,000), get them sent to you by friends (you can have up to 100 friends, and they send you mystery gifts daily which when opened reveal anything from 500-1000000 chips, I make more money this way than I do playing cards) or... buy them with cash. Which is how, I guess, IGG make their money.

I've also been playing a lot of Spacetime Studios titles like Pocket Legends, Star Legends, all of which allow you to either play on the go via phone/tablet app or in your Chrome browser. Again, all free. Again, all fully fledged MMORPGs, and the two mentioned are very, very reminiscent of Phantasy Star Online. They lose a little in immersion what with being small screen, but other than that you've got guilds, buddy lists, loot fests, grinding, leveling, achievements and so on.

Keep meaning to investigate more apps for the 'Recommend a Free App' threads, but these games are chewing up a lot of time and I'm waiting for an SDHC 8GB card to arrive so I can test out some of the chunkier ones, but I'll get around to it Smile
Posted 11:30am on Sun 6 January 2013
rbevanx
    In response to Topic

Read Article

Played F1 2012 and a bit of Halo 4 this week.
    Posted 1:12pm on Sun 6 January 2013
    Wido
    In response to Topic

Read Article

Not a lot on my front to be honest. Finished Killzone 2 and been playing infamous 2 a lot with the odd bouts of FIFA 13. I now have MGS4 again to play and I still have Heavy Rain to sit down and play. Got some reward points and about £13 on a GAME gift to use later or tomorrow, depends how I feel if I want to go into town today. Hopefully I can nab a few RPGs in the process really.
    Posted 1:18pm on Sun 6 January 2013
    DancingRhino
      In response to Topic

Read Article

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie are both great games, but they look very rough now. I haven't been able to play them cause of it, but I'd love for them to both get HD remakes. Imagine them with nuts and bolts graphics, that would great.
      Posted 7:28pm on Sun 6 January 2013
      Njeezy
      In response to Topic

Read Article

I'm currently living in the past playing Knights of the old Republic and Psychonauts I have however also been playing on NFS: most wanted and Halo 4 to keep up with the times, I've also been dabbling in SWTOR on and off too.
      Posted 8:27pm on Sun 6 January 2013
      Clockpunk
      In response to Topic

Read Article

I'm enjoying Retro City Rampage very much, as it is a phenomenally well built love letter to my childhood, with some rather amusing mission modes (set as many people on fire as possible with your burning body, then find a fire hydrant to douse yourself) - and it will be a bloody challenge to unlock the gold medals. There seems plenty of game for 800 msp, but... it is all thrown at you thick and fast. Perhaps ts just me getting old... Tongue

Other than that, I haven't had too much time for gaming this past week - unfortunately work must be caught up with. :-/ Still playing through Dungeon Keeper again in anticipation of War for the Overworld.

Is UFC Personal Trainer counted as a game? I'm going for the 'workout every day for 100 days' achievement, and although it can be a little iffy at detection, I do feel the burn rather occasionally. If only the fighters had recorded a little more variety of dialogue!
      Posted 8:50am on Mon 7 January 2013
      dav2612
      In response to Topic

Read Article

Skyrim dominated my gaming time, a common theme since I started it. FIFA 12 got a brief look in as well.
      Show Topics In:
      Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
      View Full Site