VideoGamer.com Plays July 12, 2013

Show Topics In:
Posted 5:10pm on Fri 12 July 2013
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays July 12, 2013
The games that have commanded our attention these past seven days...

Read the full article
Posted 5:10pm on Fri 12 July 2013
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read the full article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
I decided to mop up a few achievements in old games, so started with Dungeon Siege III. It has been so long since I last played it that everything is just like playing a new game again, which is neat, and it's still a great RPG albeit with one of the worst camera views ever devised which makes even outdoor sections feel claustrophobic.

Defiance is still going strong since they added 'Rewind' whereby you can replay all the extra content added so far for extra credit (about 8 hours of content for free). It's also a little more edgy in that with the new Volge Emergencies being so darned lethal just travelling about carries some risks if you're not careful.

Finally, I bought Final Fantasy VII the morning before the Steam sale started for £9.99. Je regret rien. It. Is. Perfect. and also one of the greatest reasons for Steam's Big Screen being incredibly handy when you want to play old skool by cloning your TV to your monitor and playing FFVII on a big screen. Last time I played it was on an old 24" SDTV. Shinra just brought the plate down on Sector 7 and that same "I'll get you back for that!" feeling that drives the rest of the game came back full force. Loving it.
Posted 5:18pm on Fri 12 July 2013
dav2612
In response to Topic

Read the full article

It's been nothing but The Last of Us on the PS3. 73% through and enjoying every minute of it.

On the Vita I've been trying to like Sine Mora and not quite succeeding but my opinion has risen marginally from when I first played it. I've also been playing a bit of Unit 13 and whilst not great, it is certainly better than I expected having lost interest in the game from playing the tutorial mission in the demo.
Posted 5:38pm on Fri 12 July 2013
pblive
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Animal Crossing, more Animal Crossing and a bowl-full of Animal Crossing.

Oh, and finishing Gunslinger (finally!)
Posted 6:19pm on Fri 12 July 2013
Njeezy
In response to Topic

Read the full article

I've been playing and thoroughly enjoying Witcher 2 but i thought it was meant to be about hunting monsters and catching the assassin of kings, it turns out that it's about laying siege to the underwear of every female npc you meet. Still fun though.
Posted 7:22pm on Fri 12 July 2013
Woodfella
In response to Topic

Read the full article

EDF EDF EDF! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! Ive been playing, admittedly mostly watching, the new EDF on ps3. It is of course excellent with many more very huge bugs to kill. Never gets old this is more like 2017 than IA as developement has switched back to Sandlot.

Its the asian version, so navigation is sometimes taxing but its not as if you'll ever get stuck what to do on a mission.
Posted 8:18pm on Fri 12 July 2013
MJTH
In response to Topic

Read the full article

I completed Bastion, played some Sim City 4 and AC3 this.

I tried to play Alien Swarm and Super Meat boy today, but my PC was having none of these two games though. Super Meat boy kept crashing on start up, when I finally got the game to work I had many other problems. The cutscenes chugged at 1FPS. The game itself ran smoothly, but I was able to run through walls, fall through the ground, and had very laggy controls. I've played the flash version of meat boy so I know it's not like this, but I have no idea what the problem is. My PC is by no means good for gaming, but it manages to run much higher fidelity games (in comparison to this) just fine.

Alien Swarm on the other hand, when trying to load it blue screened my computer forcing a full restart. It also broke steam and I had to reinstall it. So yeah, today was a bit of downer.

Also nice to see Dave is playing "Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis". Probably my favourite sports game this gen (not including something like Wii Sports Resort).
Posted 9:06pm on Fri 12 July 2013
Zyglroxenon
In response to Topic

Read the full article

I finally was able to snag Cube World myself, so I'm looking forward to getting into that world, but I've been playing A LOT of TES III: Morrowind lately so... there's that.
Posted 9:54am on Sat 13 July 2013
DancingRhino
    In response to Topic

Read the full article

I just found table tennis annoyingly unplayable, when a lot of people were raving about it.

I've finally got round to playing The Walking Dead (the good one). The story is surprisingly good. Done episode one. Think I might do an episode each evening.
    Posted 7:31am on Mon 15 July 2013
    dazzadavie
    In response to Topic

Read the full article

State of Decay is kicking my ass. I thought Chris was a bit poor in his videos (but awesome none the less) but no the game is hard. My melee weapons keep breaking and I can't shoot for *****.
    It's gotten to the point in which I'm scared to leave the home base and I've only just gotten to the church.
    It seems there are a lot more Zombies walking about that I was lead to believe.

I know people thought it was ***** but I've finished all the online achievements for Medal of Honor: Warfighter. Will I go back to online, Yes! I enjoy to online play it's not CoD or Battlefield It's between to the two, plus peak and lean and sliding on your knees is awesome.
    Show Topics In:
    Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
    View Full Site