VideoGamer.com Plays July 19, 2013

Show Topics In:
Posted 4:12pm on Fri 19 July 2013
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays July 19, 2013
Aliens, old football games, Sam Fisher and one Dark Souls. It's this week's VG Plays!

Read the full article
Posted 4:12pm on Fri 19 July 2013
dazzadavie
In response to Topic
Aliens, old football games, Sam Fisher and one Dark Souls. It's this week's VG Plays!

Read the full article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
So the one game I picked up in the Steam summer sale Hotline Mami isn't too bad. Can only be played in short sittings which is good as I can only play it at work.

Since finishing The Walking Dead which was an office lunch time game State of Decay is the new Zed killer. I'm enjoying it a lot, don't really want to progress with the story as I just want to make sure all my groups needs are taken care off. But I have this Dead Rising in which I need to attack all the missions asap as not to loss them.
This is not a game I'm going to keep to just work, it will be played at home.
Posted 4:20pm on Fri 19 July 2013
Clockpunk
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Rediscovered how much I enjoy Risen 2: Dark Tides. Pure Euro-jank, and a little clumsy, with difficult combat - but the theme, story, and sense of exploratio are all exceedingly well done - where else can you tame a monkey to steal *and* a parrot to flutter in enemy faces at the same time? Plus it has some fantastic lines!

'Don't f*** this up, or I'll put a banana skin on yer c*** and call fer the gorrilas!'

'Don't mess about about w' them - they can voodoo yer bits off - in the BAD way!'

^_^
Posted 4:21pm on Fri 19 July 2013
dav2612
In response to Topic

Read the full article

I completed The Last of Us, dabbled in the multiplayer side and then started the New Game + mode. Very good game.
Posted 5:22pm on Fri 19 July 2013
munkee
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Still struggling to get back into The Last of Us. I'm going to blame it on the beautiful summer were having and not wanting to sit indoors playing video games. I'm not going to blame it on the slightly monotonous (whoah there, fella) gameplay as I have enjoyed other monotonous games in the past. I'll finish it eventually. On some cold, dark, lonely night.

I have been playing Frozen Synapse on iOS. Wow-wee that sure is a lot of fun. The Sci-fi/Tron styling is very pleasant to look at and the gameplay is deep and tight (exactly how I like my coffee).

I will plan my moves very strategically. Every last detail has been carefully structured so that I can tactically kill my way through the level and save all of my soldiers. I confirm my actions ready to watch mine and the enemies moves play out.. Absolute chaos ensues. It's wonderful. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Sometimes your plans came to fruition and sometimes you have no idea what just happened. It's a lot of fun and the music is good, too.
Posted 5:54pm on Fri 19 July 2013
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Only two games for me this week:

Torchlight II - the ultimate dungeon crawler. Forget Diablo, forget Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, forget everything else in the genre, if you want a hardcore game that you can play in little casual chunks, or maybe even just log in an do a little fishing in town, or something you can spend nail-biting weeks with as your hardcore insta-death-never-play-again-if-it-dies character progresses towards the final boss, Torchlight II has everything you need. For £3.74 on Steam, currently, £14.99 back when I bought it originally.

and

To The Moon - I was in the mood for playing something cute to take my mind off Outlander character builds, and £2.09 got me just that, again on Steam. 4 hours of great story telling, a plot that sticks in the mind for long afterwards, all beautifully delivered with classic retro gameplay enhanced by modern day nods and some self deprecating humour. Time and money well spent.

I rather envy Tom who is savouring the delights of the Mass Effect series for the first time, now that he's a fan I've no doubt he'll froth at the mouth once he finishes the third one and wonder what the hell they're going to do next with that great universe.
Posted 1:34pm on Sat 20 July 2013
MJTH
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Since I'm on holiday over the last few weeks I've trying to through a much of my steam backlog as possible. It's gotten to the point now though where I have to finish up some of the smaller stuff now, before I start long hauling some of the bigger things I want to play (namely torchlight II, Crysis/ Warhead expandalone, cave story, gunpoint)

So this week, I've been playing a lot of the games that are either fairly short or games I would never have gotten around to if I wasn't determined to clear my backlog. These include: Mark of the Ninja, Ikachan, Toki Tori, Darwinia, Multiwinia, World of Goo etc. I also need to get round finishing Bit Trip Runner, and Dustforce. These are all really good games (some more fun then others), but I need to get them down now, before I do anything else.

Once I get those out of the way, I can start on the major games I mentioned earlier. Which reminds me I still need to play the portal games...
Posted 4:31am on Sun 21 July 2013
BC_Animus
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Been playing tons of games on my end too, partly due to the Steam sale, and partly due to me being on holiday atm.

Tow main games atm though for me would be Divinity II: Director's Cut on the PC and Injustice: Gods Among Us on the PS3.

Played through the story mode in Injustice and it was brilliant. Not surprisingly though, I have always been a fan of the stories in the Mortal Kombat games, and I'm a bit of a geek so I love all things superhero-ish. Playing through some of the challenges now, trying to unlock all the concept arts and costumes. For those who have played this, just wanna say two things - the credits... OMFG, best credits ever. Also Godfall Superman costume - nicccee.
Posted 1:13pm on Mon 22 July 2013
Grammartron
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Mass Effect 2 Insanity run continues. Avoiding spoilers in case TomO reads this, but I'm rapidly approaching the fight with 'the platforms', which I'm reliably informed is the hardest bit of the game at higher difficulties.

Bit scared tbh.
Posted 3:28pm on Mon 22 July 2013
Mintyrebel
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Steve, if you read the comments, I have a 50% off voucher for FM13 if you want it, I already own the game so just gimme a shout and I'll DM it over to you Smile
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site