VideoGamer.com Plays July 25, 2014

Show Topics In:
Posted 7:03pm on Sat 26 July 2014
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays July 25, 2014
Cars, shurikens, old games, and road trips.

Read the full article
Posted 7:03pm on Sat 26 July 2014
Nxs
In response to Topic

Read the full article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
PS4: Destiny beta. Although somewhat entertaining, I really don't see the big deal nor would I consider it a next gen game. Mainly because I play it on the PS4 and my son plays it on the ps3 and other than the PS4 version being a little prettier, it is pretty much your standard fare game that requires online. This was on my GF list, but it will be removed.

PC: Kerbal. Took a little bit to get used to have to pay for parts. Will be playing for a long time to come.

Torchlight 2. As it is just always entertaining.

Grin
Posted 10:24am on Sun 27 July 2014
KamSage
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Finished Dark Souls for the first time.
I suppose I know why the game is touted as being a fresh take on an old action RPG genre, but to me it actually felt like an old arcade game. I just wandered around a small world, fighting enemies, dying and repeating that pattern until I learnt their patterns and got fairly lucky enough to kill them. I never felt like my skills were being tested, I felt as if I was getting lucky with my attacks. I think I was only pleased to kill one boss the entire game, which were Ornstein & Smough, and that was because I lost so many souls and humanity to them, I just hated them.
It was a well designed game though, from the save points, to the levels, the world and the enemies, i'd not felt a world so connected with itself before, everything lead into each other. I realised it was sort of like Bioshock in a way. Lordran and Rapture are both cities that have fallen into a limbo state of death and decay, where their majesty turned twisted and disfigured. You're exploring the aftermath of that, trying to piece together what happened. It was intriguing.
Everything else seemed kind of plain. The streams of Pantsman made the game feel like it had character but the lore present was just sort of there in item descriptions and it never really mattered. Think I'll just stick to watching next time.
Posted 6:06pm on Sun 27 July 2014
skidoosh
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Destiny Beta (PS4): Thought the alpha was dull until I did a strike mission. So, I was quite happy to get onto the beta but found it dull again until I got to the strike again. There's some invisible tipping point I keep hitting which turns the game from dull to dope! Did the moon mission last night for the load test and my heart was pumping! Can't wait till September! I know it'll only be fun for a month, but meh!

Infamous: Second Son (PS4): Second play-through as the bad guy this time. I do agree with the Jim's review (even if it did sound quite negative when in essence it wasn't), but I don't think this is the best Infamous. That in my opinion was Infamous 2, it had a much stronger cast and you actually saw more of them. The only bad points the game really has is how long it leaves you to just do your own thing between plot points, and when it does pick up the pace before you know it the credits roll and it's not that hard on hard. It's actually quite laughable in regards to difficulty really.

Dragons Crown (PS Vita): Now - this one did surprise me. Under that designed by a 14yo male bag of hormones exterior is a superb game. I'm four hours in and it keeps getting better and better. The down side is Rogue Legacy is out on Wednesday, so I'll most likely ditch it to play that (first world problems).

Peace!
Posted 9:57pm on Sun 27 July 2014
Woodfella
In response to KamSage's
Finished Dark Souls for the first time.
I suppose I know why the game is touted as being a fresh take on an old action RPG genre, but to me it actually felt like an old arcade game. I just wandered around a small world, fighting enemies, dying and repeating that pattern until I learnt their patterns and got fairly lucky enough to kill them. I never felt like my skills were being tested, I felt as if I was getting lucky with my attacks. I think I was only pleased to kill one boss the entire game, which were Ornstein & Smough, and that was because I lost so many souls and humanity to them, I just hated them.
It was a well designed game though, from the save points, to the levels, the world and the enemies, i'd not felt a world so connected with itself before, everything lead into each other. I realised it was sort of like Bioshock in a way. Lordran and Rapture are both cities that have fallen into a limbo state of death and decay, where their majesty turned twisted and disfigured. You're exploring the aftermath of that, trying to piece together what happened. It was intriguing.
Everything else seemed kind of plain. The streams of Pantsman made the game feel like it had character but the lore present was just sort of there in item descriptions and it never really mattered. Think I'll just stick to watching next time.

» Go to KamSage's original post
the lore certainly matters to me. Each NPC on their own journey, some of which come to tragic conclusions, okay, all of which.
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site