VideoGamer.com Plays July 5, 2013

Show Topics In:
Posted 6:12pm on Fri 5 July 2013
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays July 5, 2013
Another week. Another chunk of games have been played...

Read the full article
Posted 6:12pm on Fri 5 July 2013
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read the full article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
Raptr is helping me decide which games to play lately. There are games I need to start, games I need to rank up on, games I need achievements on, and Raptr puts them all into nice lists for me to sort through and pick what I feel like playing. So this week its been:

Defiance
Beyond Good and Evil HD
Freecell
Spartacus Legends
Tomb Raider
Spider Solitaire
Chess Titans
Minesweeper
Shank
Solitaire
Need for Speed: World
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Guild Wars 2
Full House Poker
Toki Tori

All this left me with an urge to delve into a nice 800-hour RPG opus and there are a fair few candidates in my collection both old and new. But first I might just put some time aside to watch Wimbledon for a bit before I go all hikikimori on your asses.
Posted 9:23pm on Fri 5 July 2013
Hindu_Cow
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Sadly i have not played much this week. But when I did I played Wizadry 8. A great old school RPG with a really interesting world, but it is long and a bit bloated with stuff which is why it is taking me so long to get through it.
Posted 9:54pm on Fri 5 July 2013
BrySkye
In response to Topic

Read the full article

I'm just looking forward to playing games for the sake of themselves again.
Current ones too, though I have to make my mind up in regards to what they actually are.
Skyrim PC could do with some more attention... oh, but I really am enjoying going back to FF7 on the PC. I haven't progressed any further at all since uploading that video, but I'll be really happy to.
Though before progressing to the Shinra Building for the first time, I'll probably do a bit of grinding to unlock the Meteorain limit break for Cloud (Cloud has to kill aprox 300 enemies himself for that).
Though I am contemplating downloading the hardcore mod... that's a massive overhaul to the enemies in the game and removes those problems mentioned in the podcast about the battles ultimately getting dull towards the end as you become very powerful.
Unless you really know how to use materia to it's maximum potential.

Lately I've just been too wrapped in recording clips from all kinds of things.

Though I did play through Castle of Illusion a couple of times just for fun and somewhat in preparation for the upcoming... re-imagining?
I can't emphasise enough how much easier it was the 2nd time through, though the Hard mode really is a bit mental.
Haven't got past the 2nd level on that mode yet.
Posted 10:05pm on Fri 5 July 2013
pblive
In response to Topic

Read the full article

More Call of Juarez Gunslinger, pretty good game.

Much, much more Animal Crossing than is good for me.

Some Mario and Donkey Kong on 3DS. Nice little downloadable game.

A little big of Last of Us, but need to get back and complete that.
Posted 12:27am on Sat 6 July 2013
munkee
In response to Topic

Read the full article

The Last of Us.

The beginning was incredible. I felt quite emotional. The next bit was incredible. It made me feel different emotions. I went into work the next day declaring the second coming in the form of The Last of Us.

Now I'm playing the middle bit and quite honestly my main emotion is tedium. Wheeeewwww, those clickers and runners, huh? They're sure.. Ummm.. Aggressive AI wrapped up inside the same looping animated rigs, glued to patrol paths and so glaringly mechanical it almost hurts. I can't believe that I was actually desperate to encounter humans again. Sure, it's gonna get better. Everybody all over the world keeps telling me its gonna get better.

And you know what?

Ill stick with it to find out. That's because the production values are through the roof and the characters make me care what's going to happen.

But the actual game that's inside and running the show.. Well, that's a big chunk of Manhunt sprinkled with some Uncharted and spending a lot of time trying to convince me its not Half Life 2.

During the first couple of hours I was convinced that The Last of Us had broken free from the shackles of video games and had slapped cinema in the face with some incredible interactive story telling. *****, it had! The first couple of hours blew my mind. Unfortunately it wasn't long before it sat back down and remembered it was simply a video game.

I'm currently at 45%
I wonder how I feel during the next 55%
Posted 2:25am on Sat 6 July 2013
Woodfella
In response to Topic

Read the full article

I have been playing the spectacular, God Hand. Its sucha good game. Its a ridiculous, funny and a ball bustingly hard game, but its a fair game...

In all seriousness though its *****ing grand, played way back when it came out and almost forgotten what a gem it was. If you haven't played it do so. You can get it from the Ps store.

Once you get all your techniques sorted and have moves you are comfortable with, you can dodge duck dip dive and dodge til your hearts content and batter those mohawked demons and feel like a man with the power of a god in his arm. I'm BRUTAL AND RUTHLESS
Posted 9:51am on Sat 6 July 2013
DancingRhino
    In response to Topic

Read the full article

Ah FF7. The great days when fmv sequences were nice rewards afters hours of actual gameplay. Not endless teenage angst videos.

And you got to admit Sepiroth is one cool mofo.
    Posted 12:29am on Sun 7 July 2013
    Njeezy
    In response to Topic

Read the full article

I downloaded The Witcher 2 on xbox live and started playing it on Friday.... it's already eaten up most of my weekend 0_0
    Posted 9:56am on Sun 7 July 2013
    Clockpunk
    In response to Topic

Read the full article

Finally finished Dishonored, which was simply a fantastic experience. I would have liked a few more weapons, but the uses and mechanics of the powers far surpassses anything Bioshock could even hope to implement. Plus the DLC is on sale next week, so... score! ^_^

I was thankfully able to swap Ride to Hell for a copy of GTA IV yesterday, so starting that again brought back a hell of a lot of memories. Saying that, though, Liberty City doesn't feel busy as it should - I do hope V will see the urban areas a little more populated. That, along with more customisation options could have truly made the title - those elements still make Bully my personal R* favourite - but IV is still a bloody good game all round.
    Show Topics In:
    Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
    View Full Site