VideoGamer.com Plays June 24, 2012

Show Topics In:
Posted 10:43am on Sun 24 June 2012
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays June 24, 2012
This week the team plays Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Battlefield 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution, and FIFA Football.

Read Article
Posted 10:43am on Sun 24 June 2012
munkee
In response to Topic
This week the team plays Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Battlefield 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution, and FIFA Football.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
This week I've been playing pack all of my belongings into boxes. It's a rubbish game and boring as hell. Although game related, and something I did do this week, I went back through my entire disc based media collection and threw away all of the cases. I've transformed boxes and boxes of media into two massive CD wallets. A few friends think I'm mad for throwing away all of my hard-to-get game cases, but I never collected them to make money from them in the future. I kept them because I love the games. So all I have now is hundreds of discs. I quite like it, but I'll be absolutely devastated if I lose, or somebody steals, one of these wallets Mellow
Posted 12:03pm on Sun 24 June 2012
Wido
In response to Topic

Read Article

Not been playing as much as I like in recent weeks. FIFA 12 was being the dominate game in the 360, yet I stopped playing that all of a sudden.

Bought myself Lollipop Chainsaw, and it is one "what the *****" game in all fairness. My first impressions was exactly that, and the one liners have made me laugh thus far. The gameplay is slightly hit & miss. I feel as if the combat isn't free-flowing, and very slow to my likings when outnumbered by Zombies. Any hack & slash game needs to adopt a Batman Arkham Asylum/City style combat, as its free-flowing for the eye to see!

It's one fuelled sexual innuendo course of action. Typical Japanese of course. Wink

Been playing Ghost Recon Future Soldier as well. Slowly making progress on finishing the story, yet I love the game to bits! Now finished completely from college, bar the odd appearance for Monday morning. I will only have work and spare time to play games and of course do other stuff than just gaming, but the time is there to play than compared to the last couple of months.

Had a quick blast on Splinter Cell 3D on the 3DS. Chaos Theory and no Splinter Cell game (for me) gets boring. I love this franchise from Ubi and I am very much excited for Blacklist. Still, I do hate Ubi for changing the voice actor for Fisher, as Ironside made Fisher his own, but alas, I can see their reason, and its a decision to improve everything about Fisher in character development and into story cinematics etc.
Posted 12:14pm on Sun 24 June 2012
Clockpunk
In response to Wido's
Not been playing as much as I like in recent weeks. FIFA 12 was being the dominate game in the 360, yet I stopped playing that all of a sudden.

Bought myself Lollipop Chainsaw, and it is one "what the *****" game in all fairness. My first impressions was exactly that, and the one liners have made me laugh thus far. The gameplay is slightly hit & miss. I feel as if the combat isn't free-flowing, and very slow to my likings when outnumbered by Zombies. Any hack & slash game needs to adopt a Batman Arkham Asylum/City style combat, as its free-flowing for the eye to see!

It's one fuelled sexual innuendo course of action. Typical Japanese of course. Wink

Been playing Ghost Recon Future Soldier as well. Slowly making progress on finishing the story, yet I love the game to bits! Now finished completely from college, bar the odd appearance for Monday morning. I will only have work and spare time to play games and of course do other stuff than just gaming, but the time is there to play than compared to the last couple of months.

Had a quick blast on Splinter Cell 3D on the 3DS. Chaos Theory and no Splinter Cell game (for me) gets boring. I love this franchise from Ubi and I am very much excited for Blacklist. Still, I do hate Ubi for changing the voice actor for Fisher, as Ironside made Fisher his own, but alas, I can see their reason, and its a decision to improve everything about Fisher in character development and into story cinematics etc.

» Go to Wido's original post
Neon: Having won both those achievements on my initial playthrough, I can say take the game slow, the tranq. gun really is your friend, as is the silent movement augmentation. Also: save often. I found it tricky in two area (both in Shanghai, one side mission, and one main), but it's not as hard as you might think. Smile
Posted 12:56pm on Sun 24 June 2012
reynoldio
In response to Topic

Read Article

Lots of Everybody's Golf for me - perfect for picking up then dropping at a split second's notice when the baby needs me.

Try it Dave, it's also great for bus journeys!
Posted 1:08pm on Sun 24 June 2012
guyderman
In response to Topic

Read Article

Lego Batman 2 on the PS3 - a really great Lego game!

Lego Batman 2 on the Vita - one of the biggest piles of crap I've ever played

Thank God we bought the PS3 version and the Vita version is just a rental!
Posted 1:17pm on Sun 24 June 2012
Ghost5
In response to Topic

Read Article

Completed Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 to 100% the day before I received Lego Batman 2 on 360.

And gathering as much credits as I can for the big 1.3 Update on Star Wars The Old Republic which comes out this coming Tuesday!

And while I'm playing all that I've been downloading some PlayStation Plus goodies. My PlayStation 3 has been on since Thursday evening.
Posted 4:10pm on Sun 24 June 2012
squidman
In response to munkee's
This week I've been playing pack all of my belongings into boxes. It's a rubbish game and boring as hell. Although game related, and something I did do this week, I went back through my entire disc based media collection and threw away all of the cases. I've transformed boxes and boxes of media into two massive CD wallets. A few friends think I'm mad for throwing away all of my hard-to-get game cases, but I never collected them to make money from them in the future. I kept them because I love the games. So all I have now is hundreds of discs. I quite like it, but I'll be absolutely devastated if I lose, or somebody steals, one of these wallets Mellow

» Go to munkee's original post
I've had to do that recently myself. It was heartbreaking. 300 PS2 games into 2 wallets... the memories Sad
Posted 4:36pm on Sun 24 June 2012
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read Article

Fusion: Genesis - 20 hours and 15 minutes
This is my time-waster du jour, I love it because it's so nicely balanced and there's a big challenge at the end, it's not often you see raid content in the space trading/combat genre but it's there.

Batman: Arkham City - 9 hours and 8 minutes
Game of the Year my ass, I don't find it as fluid as Asylum and its distraction gameplay just doesn't seem to be as well implemented as other titles.

Conan - 1 hour and 40 minutes
For £2.99 I can't complain. Oh wait, I can, it has frozen twice on me at the loading screen so far, otherwise it'd probably be around the 5 hours played mark as it's quite good when it's running.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - 1 hour and 12 minutes
My current game du jour when it's not Fusion: Genesis. I doubt I'll ever reach #1 in the Poker Tournament leaderboard but I've got this nasty habit of having to remain in the top 40, which means logging in and playing Poker now and again.

Crimson Alliance = 48 minutes
Keep forgetting I have this Free To Play dungeon crawler. Keep trying it out now and again. Keep getting unconvinced to part with money after each playthrough. I guess Arcade style hi-score tables just grate when they're applied to this genre. Most kills? Most damage? Sure I'd go for that kinda scoring, arbritrary numbers don't do it for me though.

/Playtime courtesy of Raptr.
Posted 4:43pm on Sun 24 June 2012
Clockpunk
In response to squidman's
I've had to do that recently myself. It was heartbreaking. 300 PS2 games into 2 wallets... the memories Sad

» Go to squidman's original post
@squidman: Nothing like a bookshelf crammed full of objects that people feel defines them...
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site