VideoGamer.com Plays March 15, 2013

Show Topics In:
Posted 5:44pm on Fri 15 March 2013
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays March 15, 2013
This week the team has been playing God of War: Ascension, Tomb Raider, and Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2.

Read Article
Posted 5:44pm on Fri 15 March 2013
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic
This week the team has been playing God of War: Ascension, Tomb Raider, and Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
I dropped in on Diablo III, it's had loads of new stuff added since I was last there and I'm looking forward to the next update which adds even more. It amazes me the amount of support this game gets, on a console I'd have to shell out another £44.99 for an annual pass and probably a fiver each time they added a new skin.

I also took Assassin's Creed: Revelations for a whirl and instantly got sequelitis, i.e. it's just more Assassin's Creed and I'm a bit burned out on the franchise now, I might as well have booted up Assassin's Creed 2 or Brotherhood and played spot the difference.

Resident Evil 4 got a quick blast, I'm thinking anyone who describes it as 'brilliant' hasn't played it for a while, it hasn't aged gracefully imho.

Finally, as per usual, every waking second not playing the above was devoted to Life is Crime on Android. Been playing it solid for about 3 months now, still haven't paid a penny for the freemium side of things and am still managing to hold my own; there's a serious skew towards the 'biggest wallet wins' side of things in this game but the fact I can still have so much enjoyment means the balance is probably just about right so far.
Posted 6:51pm on Fri 15 March 2013
jeffyboy40
In response to Topic

Read Article

Where are the reviews for SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR 2? Damn ,it must be bad
Posted 2:16am on Sat 16 March 2013
FrostySphincter
In response to Topic

Read Article

Just polishing off Inazuma 11 2, (great game I recommend every check it out).
Looking forward to getting a bit of spare cash so I can buy tomb raider, after all, who doesn't like seeing rich girls get beaten up (I don't know if I do or not, but I'm sure I will after I've played tomb raider.)?
Posted 5:07am on Sat 16 March 2013
BC_Animus
In response to Topic

Read Article

Wow @FM Diablo 3. I still haven't thrown away my disc for that yet so I might reinstall it one day, but atm dungeon-clicker-wise I still got Torchlight 2 to finish (lost about 10 hours or progress when my drive died, and Steam overrode my cloud save without telling me so I've stopped playing that for the time being), as well as Path of Exile.

My main game atm though is Final Fantasy XIV. Not sure if I'm just dense or what, but at 20 hours in I'm still not sure what the hell's going on. What is Eden? Cocoon? Fal'cie? Pulse? er- Granda or something? I can kinda guess at their meaning and I get the gist of it I think, but the game's doing a terrible job with it IMO. Having a mini-crush on Fang too atm, despite her having some weird Aussie-ish accent and being in dire need or a hairwash.

On the PC I've been playing Grotesque Tactics Evil Heroes. Buggy and annoying as hell. It's one of those turnbased tactics RPGs, and it has this weird mechanic where each of your chars have this obcession bar that powers up as you play. However unlike the powermove bars in other games this games moves are usually bad, and can (and will) hurt your own team. And considering your characters bars often moves up at the same time, it can often cause a major landslide where half your team kills itself in one move.

Oh and finally gotten round to playing FTL. It's neatos.
Posted 5:09am on Sat 16 March 2013
BC_Animus
In response to Topic

Read Article

Btw have VG released a review for Sim City yet? Don't recall seeing one?
Posted 7:52am on Sat 16 March 2013
dazzadavie
In response to Topic

Read Article

This week I got some time online for Moh:WF which I still love and just wish EA hand not given upon it. raptr time 1hr 9mins

Also online with TC's Hawx which is some fun but really really hard. Co-op with three others though is fun.raptr time 1hr 5mins

Played some Battlefield 3's End Game. I've yet to try Air Superiority but Capture the Flag is pretty intense. All achievements done which I have to say have been the easist out of all the DLC. raptr 3hrs 15mins

Finished out Episode 2 of The Walking Dead on lunch at work raptr 23mins, Also at work i got a checkpoint done on Spec Ops The Line raptr 29mins
Posted 10:32am on Sat 16 March 2013
Wido
In response to Topic

Read Article

Its a cracking game Dave. Looking forward to future DLC and the next adventure.

I have been playing a lot of God of War over the past couple of days. Finished God of War HD on Thursday night and nearly there with God of War II. I'll be starting God of War III after that and then finally God of War Ascension. Gave the multiplayer a quick go, and I am impressed. Only went on the trials which you can do either on your own or with a partner. A lot of stuff to do if you prefer the single or co-operative route of play.
Posted 11:39am on Sat 16 March 2013
pblive
In response to Topic

Read Article

Ragnarok Odyssey on Vita, sort of Monster Hunter meets FF meets PSO. Not bad but lots of grinding for cards.

Skylanders Giants and Transformers Prime on Wii U, plus just starting Black Ops 2 on Wii U.

Lots on iOS and Android, too.
Posted 12:44pm on Sat 16 March 2013
rbevanx
    In response to Topic

Read Article

@Steve it looks awful as well, wasn't even gonna rent that one.

I did Dead Space 3: Awakening and it was total pants.

Like Severed re-used alot of locations from main game (about 90%) and wasnt scary as well as only being an hour long. Plot hole wise it was even worse than Dead Space 3.

Also did Ratchet and Clank: Q-Force, not good and far too short for a full retail game. Just as well I got it for ten quid and comes with a VITA version at least.
    Show Topics In:
    Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
    View Full Site