VideoGamer.com Plays March 22, 2013

Show Topics In:
Posted 5:22pm on Fri 22 March 2013
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays March 22, 2013
This week the team has been playing BioShock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Ghost Trick, SimCity, and SC2: Heart of the Swarm.

Read Article
Posted 5:22pm on Fri 22 March 2013
jeffyboy40
In response to Topic
This week the team has been playing BioShock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Ghost Trick, SimCity, and SC2: Heart of the Swarm.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
been playing a ton of GOD OF WAR ASCENSION,the game gets better as you progress,but its the multiplayer that has really pulled me in,its fantastic,just pure fun,and great to see your warrior level up,also the servers are full of players at the moment so its easy to find a match.
Now BRING ON THE BIOSHOCK!
Posted 5:35pm on Fri 22 March 2013
AndySpence
In response to Topic

Read Article

Tomb Raider and FIFA 13 - both and work on lunch breaks (damn you Nellis) and FUT at home. I seem to not be able to win. Losing 7-1 and 5-0 consecutively, I rage quit during the first half of the second game. Yes it was 5-0 in the first half.
Posted 5:57pm on Fri 22 March 2013
pblive
In response to Topic

Read Article

Ragnarok Odyssey still, the Vita's answer to Monster Hunter. GOW Judgement multiplayer beta too, then hopefully the full game tonight.

loads of iOS and Android games including Snoopy Rollercoaster, which does exactly what it says on the tin...
Posted 6:20pm on Fri 22 March 2013
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read Article

I've been playing Life is Crime as usual, sorry. On the plus side I'm now a whizz at running multiple spreadsheets and sorting data for one game at the same time. I'm trying to win using applied intelligence rather than just buying great gear that's otherwise unobtainable unless you buckle in to the -mium suffix after the word 'Free'. So far so good, I'm holding my own.

But, news just in! I took a 90 minute break to test drive Defiance which is currently on its XBox 360 beta weekend (well, 5 or 6 days if you're counting). I'm very impressed by its apparent depth, lots of systems, lots of perks, lots of weapon skills to level up, vehicles, a day/night cycle, pursuits (cheevos), elites, different drop rarities, even a crafting system. But even though it's an MMO I have to ultimately compare it to Borderlands 2, and it just doesn't seem to quite have the same magic to keep me enthralled for several hundred hours as the latter will undoubtedly do when I get back to playing it.

I think it's because Borderlands 2 has really stupid quests, whereas Defiance has bog standard "Go here, shoot these" boring ones. Both types of quests are really exactly the same, Borderlands 2 just disguises them better. And I have to factor in how long it'll actually run for given it's being released at the end of this generation rather than the start of the next, and I absolutely hate having the plug pulled from under me in MMOs.

One of my Facebook (and real life friends) challenged me to beat her hi-score in Subway Surfers on Android, which is basically a Temple Run-like. I've been pulling my hair out ever since, but I'll get there eventually dagnabbit.
Posted 12:53am on Sat 23 March 2013
MrRevelation
In response to Topic

Read Article

I finished Tomb Raider last Sunday and have just been waiting for Bioshock: Infinite. Although the new Blizzard game, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, could be good and thus I am interested. Plus hopefully the Steam 'Indie Spring Sale' will include some little Indie gems, I'm quite interested in Thomas Was Alone and Kentucky Route Zero and will probably pick them up at some point; although I am * attempting* to reduce my spending so I can save up for some decent sound recording equipment as I plan to start up my own podcast/game play commentary channel for a hobby soon.
Posted 2:22pm on Sat 23 March 2013
Clockpunk
In response to Topic

Read Article

The bulk of my gaming this week has been on Assassins Creed III, which I think is a good game, let down by a dumbing down of the combat. It's readily apparent Ubi have tried to go for the Batman: Arkham style of combat, when the potential for complex duelling was right in their face. The game could also do with a bit more platforming.

The naval combat though... now THAT is something. A little simple, like everything else in the title, but you do feel powerful lining up a shot and commanding your crew to fire on your mark. Here's hoping Black Flag will feature much deeper mechanics for this, with grape- and chain-shot becoming involved.

I also took part in the Tea Party last night, which made me thoroughly ashamed of myself (was sipping an earl grey at the time, no less). Grin
Posted 3:23pm on Sat 23 March 2013
BC_Animus
In response to MrRevelation's
I finished Tomb Raider last Sunday and have just been waiting for Bioshock: Infinite. Although the new Blizzard game, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, could be good and thus I am interested. Plus hopefully the Steam 'Indie Spring Sale' will include some little Indie gems, I'm quite interested in Thomas Was Alone and Kentucky Route Zero and will probably pick them up at some point; although I am * attempting* to reduce my spending so I can save up for some decent sound recording equipment as I plan to start up my own podcast/game play commentary channel for a hobby soon.

» Go to MrRevelation's original post
@MrRevelation Thomas Was Alone was good. Very short and easy, but its got a lot of charm and personality, well worth playing, especially if you can get it for cheap. Anyways if you do end up doing that podcast PM me, I'll check it out.

As for what I've been playing... according to Raptr I spent about 34 hours on Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning this past week, which btw I finally finished today. It bored me to tears, but I've spent nearly 80 hours on that game so I guess it must have something going for it.

Right now I'm playing through the puzzler Splice - simplistic but semi-challenging, enjoying it but probably not worth getting at full price. I'm also planning on jumping back onto the PS3 and spending more time with Final Fantasy XIII.
Posted 3:25pm on Sat 23 March 2013
Wido
In response to Topic

Read Article

God of War Ascension this morning. Fantastic as always. Sniper Ghost Warrior 2... Not to bad, but boring. Multiplayer is actually fun! May just keep it for that really.
Posted 3:39pm on Sat 23 March 2013
rbevanx
    In response to Topic

Read Article

Completed Trine 2, Kane and Lynch 2 and Gears of War Judgement (Thanks VG!) this week.
    DLC I managed to do part 2 of the Washington DLC for Assassin's Creed 3 called The Betrayal and it was pants.
    Ubi-Soft still release their content full of bugs and with incomplete mecahanics while they make the next game at the same time in the series.
    It didn't surprise me that they were making 4 while making 3 as they did the same thing with Revelations.
    Such a shame a good franchise has now gone downhill and people saying the sailing is the best bit of the game just validates my point further as it's easy, boring and couldn't be more unrealistic from my experince of sailing.
    It's like comparing Mario Kart to Forza.
    Show Topics In:
    Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
    View Full Site