VideoGamer.com Plays May 31, 2013

Show Topics In:
Posted 4:39pm on Fri 31 May 2013
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays May 31, 2013
What we've been playing, loving and hating this week.

Read the full article
Posted 4:39pm on Fri 31 May 2013
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read the full article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
My second pair of Turtle Beach headsets expired, or at least decided to go all one-way communications on me and mono instead of stereo, so I ditched comms altogether and am currently using the Philips headphones for my aural pleasure in Defiance.

The bass is deafening in a great way, every single shot fired has a major resonance to it, every roar of the engine becomes meaningful, and I'm just amazed at how much difference a little thing like switching sound output devices can make.

And I've worked out that with daily missions and a little sniping I can complete Defiance on June 15th (I've already played through the storyline 3 times and killed the boss with an Assault Rifle, a Bio Magnetic Gun and a Shotgun on each visit).

But it's an MMO with loot. Completion means I'm just getting started. I wonder what the bonuses on weapons, shields and grenades are like at EGO 5000? That's what drives me.
Posted 7:31pm on Sat 1 June 2013
Woodfella
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Started a whale force dark souls play through with my bro on coop.

Basically you cant level up and have to use your starting equipment. No elemental upgrades allowed.

We haven't decided yet whether we are allowed to use other weapons that suit our class(cleric and knight) other than starting equip. Just havin fun playing dark souls a new way, really.

Just killed the gaping dragon. FORWARD UNTO BLIGHT TOWN
Posted 11:22pm on Sat 1 June 2013
Njeezy
In response to Topic

Read the full article

I downloaded Krieg this morning and have been having a blat playing through Borderlands 2 again, he is a super fun class to play as so far although I've done a couple of respecs Level 15 only one away from light the fuse, also planning on playing through in public mode as it's always more fun with friends, even if they are strangers.....STRIP THE FLESH, SALT THE WOUND!
Posted 11:56pm on Sat 1 June 2013
pblive
In response to Topic

Read the full article

A pretty barren week of gaming for me, due to time constraints and running of festivals. A bit of 3DS Monster Hunter and LEGO City Undercover and mostly iOS and Android games besides this.
Posted 10:34am on Sun 2 June 2013
Clockpunk
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Finally finished and 100%'d FarCry 3: Blood Dragon,... Game of the Year, thus far. A few things could have been improved - a little personal skill customisation, slightly better AI, a few more weapon upgrades (where the hell was the laser sword knife upgrade? Tongue)... but on the whole, an excellent experience that certainly had me laughing.

Spiderman: Web of Shadows just keeps getting better and better, once you learn how to web swing properly. The camera can be a bit buggy, especially when you do some really fancy moves, but a duble jump is usually enough to sort that out. Combat is clunky, but I *really* wish Beenox had included this movement style in last year's Amazing Spider-Man tie-in, which would have made it... well... an amazing title! :-/

Also resumed my last playthrough of Bully again, which remains one of my favourite games of all time - all because I'm getting very excited for GTA V... (curse the intervening summer months! Roll on September!)
Posted 12:01pm on Sun 2 June 2013
Wido
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Been playing GRID 2 a bit this weekend. It has this Gran Tourismo 3/ Japan feel to the game from the PS2 days... It isn't a bad vibe by all means, just nostalgia beaming through and flashbacks of my youth playing GT3 at Christmas when I got a PS2. When I say it has this feel, its the music and the menu's etc.

Overall, its a very good game. Face off appears again from the first game, though I haven't come across the superb destruction derby modes yet. I gather they took them out for that more authentic racing experience?

Played Dead Island Riptide as well with Clockpunk yesterday. Nice couple of hours sunk away, realising it was 7 o'clock before our eyes when we started playing around 3 there after haha. Still little bit rough around the edges, though still a fantastic game to play with friends. Solo experience? Meh, you could, but it just wouldn't be as fun.

I have this urge to pick up Resident Evil Revelations for the 360. I have the game on the 3DS and is easily my favourite Resi game... Yup, beats number 2, throw rocks at me Scared

If I did pick up a copy today probably get Resi Evil 6 alongside it to finish that too!
Posted 12:51pm on Sun 2 June 2013
BC_Animus
In response to FantasyMeister's
My second pair of Turtle Beach headsets expired, or at least decided to go all one-way communications on me and mono instead of stereo, so I ditched comms altogether and am currently using the Philips headphones for my aural pleasure in Defiance.

The bass is deafening in a great way, every single shot fired has a major resonance to it, every roar of the engine becomes meaningful, and I'm just amazed at how much difference a little thing like switching sound output devices can make.

And I've worked out that with daily missions and a little sniping I can complete Defiance on June 15th (I've already played through the storyline 3 times and killed the boss with an Assault Rifle, a Bio Magnetic Gun and a Shotgun on each visit).

But it's an MMO with loot. Completion means I'm just getting started. I wonder what the bonuses on weapons, shields and grenades are like at EGO 5000? That's what drives me.

» Go to FantasyMeister's original post
@FM Meh too lazy to go back to Defiance atm. I HAVE gone back to Diablo III. after hearing that folks have made 10s of thousands of dollars in the real money AH, but thus far... not a single cent for me.

Have also been playing Marvel Heroes - basically Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but online, and with a lot more characters and equipable loot.

Lastly on the console front I've been playing Tron: Evolution. Started on Hard, but that kinda proved a bit too hard for me (I'm lazy) so I've restarted it again on Normal. Have to say too tried this with 3D on and with it off, and this is the first game I have tried where I actually prefer it with 3D.
Posted 7:15am on Mon 3 June 2013
dazzadavie
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Not a lot this week Got some Real Racing 3 in after a lot of my times were beaten by co-workers. Changed my controls from tap and auto accelerate to tilt and manual acc/break, my times have increased two fold.
Game Dev Story has also been getting a look on my kindle.
Posted 11:21am on Mon 3 June 2013
Clockpunk
In response to Topic

Read the full article

I also meant to say that the iOS adaptation of Warhammer Quest has been eating up a fair bit of my time - very good implementation of the basic game, but I didlike itnently the fact that - very much like the real thing, back in the day - the in-App Transactions are so expensive, and for things that should really have been included as standard...

Especially as you can find items for character not yet purchased in the game, but cannot use them...
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site