VideoGamer.com Plays November 13, 2011

Show Topics In:
Posted 10:48am on Sun 13 November 2011
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays November 13, 2011
This week the team plays Batman, Skyrim, Modern Warfare 3, and Tetris.

Read Article
Posted 10:48am on Sun 13 November 2011
munkee
In response to Topic

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
I'm the same as Tom Orry. I started Batman AC and really wasn't enjoying it. Even though I LOVED the first game. I think after the brief [fantastic] introduction, the game piles on a bit too much, a bit too fast and pushes you towards a very cluttered area of the map. I went into work after my first evening playing and was a little sad about not really enjoying the game. BUT.. I'm now about halfway through the game and it is AMAZING. The world has opened up a bit, my manoeuvrability is on form and goons fall at my feet in pain. The main characters are all vibrant and the environments they reside in are all interesting and feature-full.

I think my only complaint would be that the open world and choice of various missions, or activities, can sometimes get in the way of a great piece of story telling and break your experience with your current nemesis. You should be paying attention to the criminal mastermind at hand. But instead tend to, mid-story, focus on a side mission that gets in your way.

Overall there is so much content here, and presented with such a high standard, that any complaints are pointless.. The game is fantastic.
Posted 11:18am on Sun 13 November 2011
altaranga
In response to Topic

Read Article

Battlefield 3. Didn't know there were any other games out there atm. Wink
Posted 12:32pm on Sun 13 November 2011
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read Article

I bought my first house in Skyrim, and started to furnish it. I put all my spare loot into a drawer upstairs, but am looking forward to having one drawer for alchemy ingredients, one drawer for smithing ingredients and so on.

My second Dragon kill wasn't quite as epic as the first, I was wondering around and discovered a Dragon attacking a Mammoth, whilst being attacked itself by two Giants and, strangely enough, a Mudcrab.

So I killed the Mudcrab, the two Giants finished off the Dragon, and I absorbed a freebie Dragon Soul as the Giants celebrated their victory.

Yet aside from killing this new type of flying beastie, I've yet to do anything markedly different from when I was touring Cyrodiil, though I've yet to actually use a Dragon Shout in combat (I keep forgetting I've got it, or use it to slow down foxes so I can whack'em more easily).

On the plus side, I've completely forgotten I'm meant to be getting 1000/1000 in Just Cause 2, so at least Skyrim is just as immersive as Oblivion. Oblivion had that awesome moment when the Oblivion gates started to open up and offered completely new gameplay experiences, I wonder if Skyrim will do the same later on? Time to go find out!
Posted 12:43pm on Sun 13 November 2011
dazzadavie
In response to Topic

Read Article

Umm Battlefield 3, Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 3 oh and Fifa 12.
Yep BF3 has left my disk drive this week but not for long as tonight it'll be firmly back in place.

Borrowed Fifa 12 from a mate at work as I had another friend coming over, so fifa it was for the night. This in turn makes it the perfect game to play while the little one has here sleep on the couch, as you don't need sound for it. Just beat pompy 3-0 with saints and now handing it back I feel the job has been done.

Still my chopper skills improve as I went a entire round of conquest with out being shot down or crashing(the fact I didn't get a kill doesn't matter).
Posted 1:52pm on Sun 13 November 2011
87Sarah
In response to Topic

Read Article

No thank you...

Been playing Modern Warfare 3 most days, had a quick go on Black Ops when MW3 wouldn't allow me online.
Also had a little more of a go at Uncharted 2 and I've now stopped on alevel involving hanging off the side of a train trying to avoid a helicopter and signals. I'm not stuck on it, I just had to go out and saved it at that point. Now every time I think about it I know exactly what I'm going to have to do which for some reason is making me think "I'll just leave it til later when I 'm in the mood for something a bit more full on. For now, MW3!"
Posted 2:57pm on Sun 13 November 2011
Clockpunk
In response to Topic

Read Article

Tracked down every last riddle in Arkham City - the last few were really tricky to get, but 100%'d the main game - now to start the challenge maps and New Game+!

Skyrim, of course. Although a beautifully crafted game, I feel there's so much more that could have been realised. I would personally have loved to seen a heat-based mechanic become more central to the gameplay, given the landscape/setting. Lockpicking feel far too clunky, and I would have much preferred to see Oblivion's version make a return, than the simplified Fallout version of the minigame. Still, the thrill of coming across new Dragontongue words is pretty damn good! Even if I did see a Mammoth spawn in the sky and fall to the ground at one point... Tongue

DLC Quest - Interesting and fun little Indie Game, taking a poke at the extent to which DLC is beginning to dominate retail titles.
Posted 10:08pm on Sun 13 November 2011
Wido
In response to Topic

Read Article

Skyrim, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary & MW3 in this crammed packed weekend.
Posted 8:27am on Mon 14 November 2011
pblive
In response to Topic

Read Article

Tetris is just one of those games that makes you keep going back despite futile efforts to get further.

Battlefield 3 single player for me this week. Still need to finish it before MW3 arrives, though not exactly in a position to concentrate on playing for too long.
Posted 8:41am on Mon 14 November 2011
guyderman
In response to munkee's
I'm the same as Tom Orry. I started Batman AC and really wasn't enjoying it. Even though I LOVED the first game. I think after the brief [fantastic] introduction, the game piles on a bit too much, a bit too fast and pushes you towards a very cluttered area of the map. I went into work after my first evening playing and was a little sad about not really enjoying the game. BUT.. I'm now about halfway through the game and it is AMAZING. The world has opened up a bit, my manoeuvrability is on form and goons fall at my feet in pain. The main characters are all vibrant and the environments they reside in are all interesting and feature-full.

I think my only complaint would be that the open world and choice of various missions, or activities, can sometimes get in the way of a great piece of story telling and break your experience with your current nemesis. You should be paying attention to the criminal mastermind at hand. But instead tend to, mid-story, focus on a side mission that gets in your way.

Overall there is so much content here, and presented with such a high standard, that any complaints are pointless.. The game is fantastic.

» Go to munkee's original post
@ Munkee - I found it better to concentrate on the story and then go for everything else after, just so it didn't interfere with the flow of what is a great piece of story telling!

Still got around 100 trophies to get on Batman, but this will be taking a back seat for the moment as Skyrim is in the disc tray and I don't see it coming out any time soon!
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site