VideoGamer.com Plays October 30, 2011

Show Topics In:
Posted 11:15am on Sun 30 October 2011
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays October 30, 2011
This week the team plays Portal 2, Alan Wake, Geometry Wars 2, and Sonic Generations.

Read Article
Posted 11:15am on Sun 30 October 2011
Woffls
In response to Topic
This week the team plays Portal 2, Alan Wake, Geometry Wars 2, and Sonic Generations.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
I don't know much about those book things, so that's probably why I was able to like Alan Wake. The core of the game is going around with your torch, a bit worried about stuff appearing that you need to shoot. I enjoyed that because I have a good sound system; get scared easily; paid enough attention to the story to get a bit jumpy, but not so much that I'm bothered about whatever it is that people dislike it for; and think the hoodie-jacket combo is ballin'.

I'm quite looking forward to Sonic Generations, but part of me wants to pay £25 for it. That same part of me will also be playing Uncharted on Wednesday, Skyrim the week after, then Skyward Sword the week after that. If I do buy it, then I'd want to spend time on speed-runs and achievement whoring.

As for what I've been playing. I finished Deus Ex like 2 weeks ago or something, so now I'm just going through older games. Playing Mass Effect 2 again to get that stupid achievement for banging someone just because Kelly only wanted dinner. Also had a go at Viva Pinata because it's a nice bed time game. I never make any progress with it, though.
Posted 11:25am on Sun 30 October 2011
clangod
In response to Topic

Read Article

Last few days:

4kg Battlefield 3 - Diced
2 & 1/4 cup FIFA 12
A dash of GTAIV

Simmer...
Posted 3:34pm on Sun 30 October 2011
Darkr8zor
In response to Topic

Read Article

SWAT 4 - Shooting armed criminals with bean bags has never been so much fun :0)
Posted 4:05pm on Sun 30 October 2011
altaranga
In response to Topic

Read Article

Battlefield 3 (when the wife isn't hogging the TV with crap).
Posted 4:44pm on Sun 30 October 2011
Wido
In response to Topic

Read Article

Battlefield 3 for me. Loving the multiplayer and I just finished the story campaign. I can see where the reviewers are coming across, but it isn't that bad at all. BF3 story somewhat wonders off at times and giving me the feeling of a CoD plot to be honest.

I will be going through campaign again as it is fun! Many set pieces which I do like, and giving it a shot on hard. Multiplayer is where the main course is, so I will be progressing up through the ranks and sink many hours* when I am not busy into the online. Yet to try out the co-op but I will get round to that at some point.

I think I may just get MW3 on launch day. Starting to fall back in love with the FPS multiplayer scene, which started and pretty much ended with COD4 back on the PS3.
Posted 9:46pm on Sun 30 October 2011
reynoldio
In response to Topic

Read Article

I'm Batman.
Posted 10:30pm on Sun 30 October 2011
Get2DaChoppa
In response to Topic

Read Article

Its been AC: Brotherhood for me, not sure if I prefer it to AC:II, but still a fantastic game, looking forward to Revelations.
Posted 10:51pm on Sun 30 October 2011
dudester
In response to Topic

Read Article

fm2012, some witcher 2 finally into the second area now, fear 3, crysis 2 and some payday the heist.
Posted 6:05am on Mon 31 October 2011
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read Article

I started out with Batman: Arkham Asylum, finished it in 16 hours and decided not to do all the collectibles left over at the end.

Onto Mini Ninjas, which is everything I'd hoped it'd be, other than it had infuriatingly well-hidden collectibles in it.

Some farming in Borderlands, which has loot in it.

A quick blast of SpaceChem, which I found as fun as learning to knit, just not as entertaining.

Aliens vs Predator got a quick blast on Saturday night, it made me jump as the immersion is perfect, but I wasn't in the mood for heart attacks so I put it aside for...

Tom Clancy's HAWX. Which was surprisingly good, albeit happening so fast that all I was really seeing was diamond targeting cursors and square lockon cursors rather than any enemies like tanks or planes, so much so it felt like a Bemani game.

Since then, I delved into the back-catalogue and gave Just Cause 2 its rainy day "lets' give it a second chance" outing, and now that I've figured out how to play it it'll be up there with Borderlands on my most-played list next week.

Best of all, no software updates or discs were involved in this week's processes, I was gaming in a cloud somewhere thanks to OnLive. Can't believe I got converted so fast.
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site