VideoGamer.com Plays September 6, 2013

Show Topics In:
Posted 5:25pm on Fri 6 September 2013
VG_Staff
VideoGamer.com Plays September 6, 2013
GTA 5!? No. That'll be the week after next. It's Mass Effect 2, Rayman Legends, FIFA 14 and Beyond: Two Souls for now...

Read the full article
Posted 5:25pm on Fri 6 September 2013
Naradia
In response to Topic
GTA 5!? No. That'll be the week after next. It's Mass Effect 2, Rayman Legends, FIFA 14 and Beyond: Two Souls for now...

Read the full article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
Auwch, Fifa 14 got burned :O
Posted 5:32pm on Fri 6 September 2013
essex1212
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Quote:
I can say it's more Fahrenheit than Heavy Rain

That's good news as Heavy Rain was boring, full of screen tearing, a plot that did not work properly with multi choice and was the most over rated game of last gen.
Fahrenheit was great though except the last third of it where it goes down hill but the sex scene with the dead body made me laugh.
Posted 5:42pm on Fri 6 September 2013
Freekill
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Rayman Legends is a good game to play. I am enjoying it a lot, I hope David is also enjoying it!
Posted 5:45pm on Fri 6 September 2013
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

Read the full article

For me this week consisted of:

- Getting the final two Steam achievements in Faerie Solitaire, which I'm quite proud about because not many people have them.
- Starting off the free copy of Magic The Gathering 2013 courtesy of Games With Gold and then figuring out why I never bothered buying it in the first place (it's just not my cup of tea).
- A lot of Borderlands 2, even notched up another achievement by discovering a Tediore Shotgun that for reloading flies towards the enemy continuing to shoot at it, which makes shooting Rakk out of the air whilst reloading nice and easy. And pretty much any other enemy for that matter, so I'm keeping it handy.

Overall quite a casual sub-40 hours of gaming for me, more rewarding was I got to play 'Dad' for a bit and help daughter number 2 towards independence, which left me happy/sad, happy that she's able to look after herself, sad that I'm not needed to look after her anymore. Meh.

I found Mass Effect 2 did get a bit lost in the middle, but it kicks things up a notch towards the end, so worth sticking with. I hope you continue the adventure, Tom, because I'd love to hear your thoughts on 3's ending Smile
Posted 5:56pm on Fri 6 September 2013
pblive
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Splinter Cell Blacklist for me and it's alternating between stealthy and action, but seems to be getting the balance about right.

Spelunky has been keeping my Vita warmed up as well over the last few weeks, but there's a queue of gaming lining up on all my consoles to play including Rayman.
Posted 6:48pm on Fri 6 September 2013
AdesteFideles
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Its Uncharted 3 for me this week; I only get the games from PSN+ these days as I'm 100% over the PS3/360 generation.

Mass Effect 2 is my favourite of the series. I don't even mind that the entire plot makes zero sense if you give it even 5 minutes thought.
Posted 8:02pm on Fri 6 September 2013
KamSage
In response to Topic

Read the full article

Max Payne 3: It's a great shooter, great action and visuals with great set pieces and gritty tone, but it's... too much of a shooter? I kept putting it down each day after an hour or so because it gets repetitive. If they had added, maybe some investigation skills or something to break it up, would've been hard to put down.

MGS: Peace Walker: I loved Portable Ops and Peace Walker is a well upgraded version on the same basic formula. Metal Gear games are always fun, and the themes in all of them make you think, and i'm one of those gamers who gets the most out of 'thinking' games.

Mafia II: So PS+ free, and I thought this would be a simplified GTA game, but my god it's so damned linear. And that wouldn't be so bad if the story and characters were good, or the gameplay entertaining. I finally stopped when one chapter revolved around a ***** overplayed Prison Break scenario, and then the next was just driving around watching cutscenes. Do not recommend unless you're really into Mafia history.

Find it funny that ME2 is the highest scored Mass Effect on average, when it's my least favourite of the three, not that it's bad at all, but replaying it is bland compared to the other two.
Posted 8:25am on Sat 7 September 2013
dav2612
In response to Topic

Read the full article

The Last of Us still dominates my gaming. 2 trophies left for the platinum, both online based. Losing all my clan on the final week of the fireflies story was a bit of a setback and I was 44 seconds away from losing my entire clan last night. I suspect i may not get these last 2 trophies.
Posted 9:23am on Sat 7 September 2013
MrHEWBO
In response to Topic

Read the full article

tried magika since it was free, not really my thing.

the FIFA Ultimate Team player ratings are out so now im even more excited about fifa now
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site