Warhammer 40:000: Dawn of War II Review

Show Topics In:
Posted 9:48am on Fri 20 February 2009
VG_Staff
Warhammer 40:000: Dawn of War II Review
Quote:
Simply put, Dawn of War II feels like the result of some mad scientist's experiment, the by product of the splicing of Dawn of War with Company of Heroes, Relic's other, more recent RTS.

Read Article
Posted 9:48am on Fri 20 February 2009
thpcplayer
In response to Topic
Quote:
Simply put, Dawn of War II feels like the result of some mad scientist's experiment, the by product of the splicing of Dawn of War with Company of Heroes, Relic's other, more recent RTS.

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
expected a 9. No, matter still sounds good. i'm tempted. i will pick this up today
Posted 12:37pm on Fri 20 February 2009
Anonymous
    In response to Topic
    Quote:

Read Article

""You miss being able to build a big base, in a real "boys and their toys" way""

:(

Ah well . But that wont stop me from getting this game , it'll still remain ma most fav rts . Hope they increase the unit cap and unit types by 1 or 2 in upcoming DLCs
    Posted 12:54pm on Fri 20 February 2009
    thpcplayer
    In response to Topic
    Quote:

Read Article

bought it, played it. it is cool but below my expectations. it deserves an 8.
    Posted 7:42pm on Sat 21 February 2009
    pk-ny
      In response to Topic
      Quote:

Read Article

pretty decent game..i reli miss base building PK FTW :D
      Posted 9:52am on Mon 23 February 2009
      Anonymous
        In response to Topic
        Quote:

Read Article

totally agree with the review but not with the score . U urself said that there will be people who hate it , and some who will love it . But u allied with the former in the end and gave the score .

DoW 2 throws away all the unesscessary things from the part DoWs like the stupid dreadnoughts that used to happen when two large armies collided , n the game usually lasted for hrs .

Micro management rocks , for the first time tactics are of some use , and u have to use your brain . Base buildng is gone , m happy . But fewer unit types available is not gud .

Still Mp is top notch , and overall this game easily desrves a 9 , since u guys dont go decimal . i will personally give it 9.5 /
        Posted 12:20am on Tue 24 February 2009
        Mac
          In response to Topic
          Quote:

Read Article

i was really looking forward to this game, but after reading more and more about it, i may just check it out later if i have some extra cash around (unlikely).

remaking the game for casual fans is scary. the first game wasn't broke. i just needed Tyrannids!
          Posted 2:54pm on Thu 26 February 2009
          OldSchooBill
            In response to Topic
            Quote:

Read Article

Think I’ll give it a bash. I’m tired of base building RTS already (After 15 years of it!). I always lost interest when I became too powerful and overwhelmed the AI. Much prefer games where you have to pick your army before the battle starts(Like Total War and erm, MechCommander, remember that one? Classic!), there’s proper strategy in it that way, instead of being rushed after 30 secs of play or overwhelmed by another player who can click things faster than you.
            Posted 12:36pm on Sat 28 February 2009
            thpcplayer
            In response to Topic
            Quote:

Read Article

THis game is really great. Single player is good but multiplayer is the finest for any rts to date. 9/10 not 8/10
            Posted 4:48pm on Tue 3 March 2009
            RoranTk
              In response to Topic
              Quote:

Read Article

^^u said it bro

-------------was "Anonymous" in the last few posts
              Show Topics In:
              Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
              View Full Site