Watch Dogs is 35-40 hours long 'on average', 100 hours to finish everything

Show Topics In:
Posted 2:48pm on Mon 17 March 2014
VG_Staff
Watch Dogs is 35-40 hours long 'on average', 100 hours to finish everything
Big playtime promised for upcoming open worlder.

Read News
Posted 2:48pm on Mon 17 March 2014
Butthurt
In response to Topic

Read News

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
I don't understand why some people think that 40 hours is acceptable play time for a game?

Skyrim's play time should be a mark every developer should aim for...
Posted 2:53pm on Mon 17 March 2014
Neon-Soldier32
In response to Butthurt's
I don't understand why some people think that 40 hours is acceptable play time for a game?

» Go to Butthurt's original post
Skyrim is the exception and very much not the rule and some would argue that Skyrim was very cut and paste with little variation. A valid argument and one that does ring true after many hours.

Whilst longer games would be nice there is also a trade off with quality. Would you like a nice, compact 12 hours, or a long, sprawling story, which is repetitive and relatively boring?

If you're looking for the latter than there are plenty of MMOs out there for you to play, or even something like Diablo. Furthermore, 40 IS a long time for a game. It is. You look at your generic FPS: 6 hours. Action / Adventure game? 12 hours. RPG 30 hours. These are the norms and when the developer promises 40 hours, in actuality, it's going to be less. Probably 25 hours.

£40 can seem like a lot of money for 10 hours' worth of game, but what's worse is paying £40 to be bored for 100 hours.
Posted 3:37pm on Mon 17 March 2014
VG_Dave

You're going to love Ground Zeroes.
Posted 4:21pm on Mon 17 March 2014
Manguy17
In response to Topic

Read News

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
Cool, about an hour per £ if not more. Just gotta hope that it's actually any fun for much of that time.
Posted 4:31pm on Mon 17 March 2014
watur123

If I get a game and it's just 2 hours long, I'm OK as long as it's the best 2 hours of my life. MGR: Revengence is probably the best example.
Posted 7:45pm on Mon 17 March 2014
chrishatton
In response to watur123's
If I get a game and it's just 2 hours long, I'm OK as long as it's the best 2 hours of my life. MGR: Revengence is probably the best example.

» Go to watur123's original post
If i get a game and its two hours long and i have actually paid more than £4 or £5 for it then i want my money back. The argument that its okay if its really short is only applicable if you are loaded, otherwise you just feel ripped off. for me anyway.
Posted 7:48pm on Mon 17 March 2014
chrishatton

Skyrim had 100's of people working for years to build that game. smaller developers and indies cant really get close to that level unfortunately.
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site