Wii U graphics would need to be scaled back on Xbox 360 and PS3

Show Topics In:
Posted 3:44pm on Tue 9 October 2012
VG_Staff
Wii U graphics would need to be scaled back on Xbox 360 and PS3
Trine 2 pushes the Wii U beyond what's possible on current consoles.

Read Article
Posted 3:44pm on Tue 9 October 2012
tvr77
In response to Topic

Read Article

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
Interesting to know it has that kind of potential but when the 720 and PS4 launch it won't really matter much as i'm sure the tables will be reversed, well for the PS4 at least, haha just kidding
Posted 4:30pm on Tue 9 October 2012
MJTH
In response to Topic

Read Article

That's good to hear. Good new about the wii u's relative power is always nice, and reassuring.
Posted 5:17pm on Tue 9 October 2012
LandGrazer
    In response to Topic

Read Article

Slightly better graphics than 7 year old consoles is good news?
    Posted 5:26pm on Tue 9 October 2012
    rbevanx
      In response to Topic

Read Article

If anyone is wondering, my windows phone has better graphics than the Wii.
      Posted 5:30pm on Tue 9 October 2012
      MJTH
      In response to LandGrazer's
      Slightly better graphics than 7 year old consoles is good news?

» Go to LandGrazer's original post
      The story says that they don't need to downscale the original PC version's graphics for Wii U, like they would have to if they made a 360 or PS3 port. That doesn't imply that all the Wii U's potential has been tapped from the off.

They're not saying they feasibly can't make the game look better then the PC version on Wii U, it's just that they don't need to scale back due to limitations, unlike like with the other consoles.
      Posted 5:41pm on Tue 9 October 2012
      LandGrazer
        In response to MJTH's
        The story says that they don't need to downscale the original PC version's graphics for Wii U, like they would have to if they made a 360 or PS3 port. That doesn't imply that all the Wii U's potential has been tapped from the off.

They're not saying they feasibly can't make the game look better then the PC version on Wii U, it's just that they don't need to scale back due to limitations, unlike like with the other consoles.

» Go to MJTH's original post
        In that case I'm pre-ordering one RIGHT NOW GOD DAMNIT.

I'm sure it'll perform well enough, and won't even explode every five minutes or sound like a jet engine. Which is a bonus. Could do with more games than the Wii though.
        Posted 5:56pm on Tue 9 October 2012
        SelfSuicide
        In response to Topic

Read Article

If it has only took them under a year to port it to Wii U then its a shame other developers haven't done the same because it's still missing that one must have game that will convince me to purchase one.
        Posted 5:57pm on Tue 9 October 2012
        MJTH
        In response to LandGrazer's
        In that case I'm pre-ordering one RIGHT NOW GOD DAMNIT.

I'm sure it'll perform well enough, and won't even explode every five minutes or sound like a jet engine. Which is a bonus. Could do with more games than the Wii though.

» Go to LandGrazer's original post
        Sorry, if I seemed rude in the previous post. It's hard to keep optimistic about the any Nintendo console, let alone the Wii U, nowadays when there nearly always seems to be bad news....

I think the first 5 months of the Wii U's launch window alone, is already a better third party line up then the majority of the Wii's entire life cycle. Keeping it up for 4-6 years is what will be the problem though. The nextbox and PS4 will undoubtably have better graphical power then the Wii U. I just think that the gap between Wii U and other next gen consoles, will be much smaller then the gap between the Wii current gen. And with companies designing their engines to be very scalable to cater for the re-emergent PC market and the large user bases of the still active of the current gen consoles as well as the PS4 and Nextbox, this may all work in the Wii U's favour. Well that's what I hope anyway.
        Posted 6:25pm on Tue 9 October 2012
        LandGrazer
          In response to Topic

Read Article

Ignore me, was only joking. I seriously might pre-order one, we've waited long enough for the fat ****ard plumber to make it to HD.
          Show Topics In:
          Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
          View Full Site