Xbox 360 trumps everything during November in the US

Show Topics In:
Posted 10:21am on Fri 7 December 2012
VG_Staff
Xbox 360 trumps everything during November in the US
1.26 million Xbox 360s sold, compared to 425,000 Wii Us.

Read News
Posted 10:21am on Fri 7 December 2012
Wido
In response to Topic

Read News

» Go to VG_Staff's original post
I just don't get this doom & gloom vibe on how much Nintendo have sold of the Wii U. Not this specific post but mainly other sites via twitter. NPD released yesterday/this morning, that the Wii U did very well at launch. 5k short from the Wii? Not bad in todays economic climate with people saving towards Christmas.

I am very much enjoying the Wii U and I will continue to sing its praises until I hit a blue shell Wink

For those who moan, belittle and bitch on the side. Please try before pre-judging as then you will have a valid opinion that is worth respecting and to reply back. Just don't try and end up with egg on you're face.
Posted 1:16pm on Fri 7 December 2012
MJTH
In response to Wido's
I just don't get this doom & gloom vibe on how much Nintendo have sold of the Wii U. Not this specific post but mainly other sites via twitter. NPD released yesterday/this morning, that the Wii U did very well at launch. 5k short from the Wii? Not bad in todays economic climate with people saving towards Christmas.

I am very much enjoying the Wii U and I will continue to sing its praises until I hit a blue shell Wink

For those who moan, belittle and bitch on the side. Please try before pre-judging as then you will have a valid opinion that is worth respecting and to reply back. Just don't try and end up with egg on you're face.

» Go to Wido's original post
Couldn't say it better. I'm fine with people who have valid reasons not to want the Wii U. I own one and I can think of a few just dew to others personal preferences, and am totally willing to dabate over views. It's just the trolling, back handed comments, and badly thought out points/ arguements that annoy me.

Also, let's set out the facts. Xbox 360 sold 1.2mill units between Nov 1st and Nov 30th. Wii U sold 425K between Nov 18th and Nov 30th (half the time perod any other platform had). Xbox 360 having been out for years will have had crazy discount prices on black friday. Wii U having just come will of had it's fairly high launch price.

I would of thought that it would be a bad sign for any current platform out to beaten in sales by a newer, more expensive, console in half the sales period, which is why it should be a surprise that PS3 and 360 sold more this month. Didn't the PS2 out sell the PS3 for a while?
Posted 3:13pm on Fri 7 December 2012
SelfSuicide
In response to Topic

Read News

Just seems like abit of posturing by Aaron Goldberg; surely you would expect Xbox to get a boost with it's biggest exclusive getting a new release; as-well as some of the cheap Xbox bundles about which would indicate they are further along in the product life cycle than PS3.

Wii U doesn't appear to be doing badly to say they're still in the introduction phase, just hope its gets picked up more by the mainstream before it gets stuck between the current generations cheap options and next years expensive but advanced products.
Posted 3:21pm on Fri 7 December 2012
DancingRhino
    In response to Topic

Read News

Face it. Wii U is a disaster. It's crashed and burned. Sell them off quick, I'll give you half price for yours, best offer you'll get.

Na, I can see 360s selling well for a while, even after nextbox and ps4, similar to the ps2.
    Posted 5:23pm on Fri 7 December 2012
    dudester
    In response to Topic

Read News

Something sells in america quick shout from the rooftops!
    Show Topics In:
    Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
    View Full Site