Peter Molyneux: BAFTA Fellow 2011

Show Topics In:
Posted 1:58pm on Mon 21 February 2011
BAFTA
Peter Molyneux: BAFTA Fellow 2011
Hello everyone at videogamer,

I'm from BAFTA and wanted to let people know that Peter Molyneux, Lionhead pioneer and man behind Black and White, Populous, Theme Park and the Fable series, will be receiving a BAFTA Fellowship next month at the British Academy Video Games Awards.

There's more information on the announcement on our website.

He will be the second fellow of 2011, after actor Christopher Lee. So he's in good company...

John @ BAFTA
Posted 2:08pm on Mon 21 February 2011
Stegosaurus-Guy-II
In response to Topic

I'm from BAFTA and wanted to let people know that Peter Molyneux, Lionhead pioneer and man behind Black and White, Populous, Theme Park and the Fable series, will be receiving a BAFTA Fellowship next month at the British Academy Video Games Awards.

He will be the second fellow of 2011, after actor Christopher Lee. So he's in good company...

John @ BAFTA

» Go to BAFTA's original post
Can I get the 2012 Fellowship?
Posted 2:15pm on Mon 21 February 2011
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

John @ BAFTA

Hideo Kojima might pip you to the post Steg.
Posted 5:18pm on Mon 21 February 2011
CheekyLee
In response to Topic

John @ BAFTA

Is this the most prestigious thread ever on VG?
Posted 6:07pm on Mon 21 February 2011
Woffls
In response to Topic

John @ BAFTA

Almost certainly.

Read this earlier today and I was most definitely pleased to hear it. I just hope they let him talk about stuff without the audience being all liek "wut, videogames? you serious, bro?".
Posted 8:44pm on Mon 21 February 2011
Stegosaurus-Guy-II
In response to Woffls's
Almost certainly.

Read this earlier today and I was most definitely pleased to hear it. I just hope they let him talk about stuff without the audience being all liek "wut, videogames? you serious, bro?".

» Go to Woffls's original post
I would hope that an audience of a video game award show would know what video games are too.

Black Ops is up for artistic achievement, I'm sure everyone would agree that it's art.
Posted 8:50pm on Mon 21 February 2011
Woffls
In response to Stegosaurus-Guy-II's
I would hope that an audience of a video game award show would know what video games are too.

Black Ops is up for artistic achievement, I'm sure everyone would agree that it's art.

» Go to Stegosaurus-Guy-II's original post
I assumed all the people getting BAFTA's would be in the same crowd, I dunno, I'm too hip to pay attention to award ceremonies. I just sit here with my aviatiors, ironic 80's post-punk mustache and iPad.
Posted 9:06pm on Mon 21 February 2011
Stegosaurus-Guy-II
In response to Woffls's
I assumed all the people getting BAFTA's would be in the same crowd, I dunno, I'm too hip to pay attention to award ceremonies. I just sit here with my aviatiors, ironic 80's post-punk mustache and iPad.

The BAFTA's happened last week, The Kings Speech won everything.

Where've you been?
Posted 9:12pm on Mon 21 February 2011
Woffls
In response to Stegosaurus-Guy-II's
The BAFTA's happened last week, The Kings Speech won everything.

Where've you been?

» Go to Stegosaurus-Guy-II's original post
I've just been here ignoring everything that's popular. Except Twitter.

It'll pay off one day. You'll see. You'll ALL see.
Posted 9:22pm on Mon 21 February 2011
Stegosaurus-Guy-II
In response to Woffls's
I've just been here ignoring everything that's popular. Except Twitter.

It'll pay off one day. You'll see. You'll ALL see.

I know a guy that's like that.

He quit Facebook because there's too many people on it.
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site