Two Worlds 2 (XBox 360) First Impressions

Show Topics In:
Posted 6:55am on Tue 1 March 2011
FantasyMeister
Two Worlds 2 (XBox 360) First Impressions
I'm 18 hours in and decided to get some sleep, but first just dropping a quick post to let Wido know that if he liked the first one he should definitely pick the sequel up :P

Reality Pump have totally redeemed themselves for the bugs (or lack of working code) in the original, so many improvements that it's like a cross between Fable III's graphics and Dragon Age's complexity.

You can swim, hot-swap 3 full equipment sets on the fly with the D-pad, customise your spells from the get go, weapon upgrading is overhauled - instead of stacking you break down old weapons into components and use the components to upgrade any existing weapon you like, then add gems to further customise, same with armor - and the skill system of finding books/trainers and pouring points into them remains the same.

I pfaffed around for 10 hours offline, still in Chapter 1, then went online for a few minutes which lasted another 8 hours because everything goes a bit faster (levelling speed, upgrades, alchemy etc), but your online and offline characters are completely separate.

Online provides a separate adventure mode, with a unique storyline so you can quest it solo or with up to 8 players, then use the spoils from this to build your village in Village mode, which is a hybrid RPG/RTS, and vice versa. Also included are the usual deathmatch/adversarial modes.

Can't remember the last time I played a game non-stop 18 hours, it was probably an MMORPG knowing me, but I'm hooked right in so I can see a couple of hundred or more hours looming ahead of me in Antaloor (which doesn't look anything at all like the old Antaloor, seems to be whole new areas to me).

Here's a snippet of gameplay for you from Youtube, shows combat both indoors/outdoors/wilderness/city, menu systems, quest systems, fully voiced NPCs (you can turn the subtitles off) and pretty much shows you what you're going to get.

Note that currently you can only get it in the UK by ordering it via Topware Interactive's seller profile on Amazon.co.uk. Expensive, but seeing as I love this more than Oblivion, worth it for me.

TTFN.
Posted 7:48am on Tue 1 March 2011
Wido
In response to Topic
I'm 18 hours in and decided to get some sleep, but first just dropping a quick post to let Wido know that if he liked the first one he should definitely pick the sequel up :P

Reality Pump have totally redeemed themselves for the bugs (or lack of working code) in the original, so many improvements that it's like a cross between Fable III's graphics and Dragon Age's complexity.

You can swim, hot-swap 3 full equipment sets on the fly with the D-pad, customise your spells from the get go, weapon upgrading is overhauled - instead of stacking you break down old weapons into components and use the components to upgrade any existing weapon you like, then add gems to further customise, same with armor - and the skill system of finding books/trainers and pouring points into them remains the same.

I pfaffed around for 10 hours offline, still in Chapter 1, then went online for a few minutes which lasted another 8 hours because everything goes a bit faster (levelling speed, upgrades, alchemy etc), but your online and offline characters are completely separate.

Online provides a separate adventure mode, with a unique storyline so you can quest it solo or with up to 8 players, then use the spoils from this to build your village in Village mode, which is a hybrid RPG/RTS, and vice versa. Also included are the usual deathmatch/adversarial modes.

Can't remember the last time I played a game non-stop 18 hours, it was probably an MMORPG knowing me, but I'm hooked right in so I can see a couple of hundred or more hours looming ahead of me in Antaloor (which doesn't look anything at all like the old Antaloor, seems to be whole new areas to me).

Here's a snippet of gameplay for you from Youtube, shows combat both indoors/outdoors/wilderness/city, menu systems, quest systems, fully voiced NPCs (you can turn the subtitles off) and pretty much shows you what you're going to get.

Note that currently you can only get it in the UK by ordering it via Topware Interactive's seller profile on Amazon.co.uk. Expensive, but seeing as I love this more than Oblivion, worth it for me.

TTFN.

» Go to FantasyMeister's original post
You don't need to explain anymore FantasyMeister. You have done it again and sold it to me. Not long finished watching the video you supplied, and I must say, it looks a lot better from the first Two Worlds and seems to run a lot smoother.

I know every game will have bugs but on the scale of Two Worlds I it wasn't acceptable but it didn't hinder my enjoyment I got out of the game. I at least put over 100hr or more into that game. Is Two Worlds II more stable than Two Worlds I?

I hope I get to face some Dragons on Two Worlds II like the first game. I cannot remember the place where you can face them but it was south-east on the map of Antaloor. I do believe you had to go down there on a story quest.
Posted 12:38pm on Tue 1 March 2011
Endless
In response to Topic

TTFN.

Looks pretty good to me, adding to my rental list Smile
Posted 1:13am on Thu 3 March 2011
FantasyMeister
In response to Wido's
You don't need to explain anymore FantasyMeister. You have done it again and sold it to me. Not long finished watching the video you supplied, and I must say, it looks a lot better from the first Two Worlds and seems to run a lot smoother.

I know every game will have bugs but on the scale of Two Worlds I it wasn't acceptable but it didn't hinder my enjoyment I got out of the game. I at least put over 100hr or more into that game. Is Two Worlds II more stable than Two Worlds I?

I hope I get to face some Dragons on Two Worlds II like the first game. I cannot remember the place where you can face them but it was south-east on the map of Antaloor. I do believe you had to go down there on a story quest.

» Go to Wido's original post
Quote:
Is Two Worlds II more stable than Two Worlds I?

No problems so far, 20 hours in, still in Chapter 1.
Posted 2:01am on Fri 4 March 2011
Robertoci
In response to FantasyMeister's
Quote:
Is Two Worlds II more stable than Two Worlds I?

No problems so far, 20 hours in, still in Chapter 1.

Looking forward to this Smile But thanks to the ever frequent release day delays in the UK I still have to wait for this one Sad
Posted 8:34am on Fri 4 March 2011
FantasyMeister
In response to Topic

TTFN.

Technically the release date isn't really slipping, it's just that people thought that when Topware announced they'll be selling exclusively on Amazon.co.uk they could buy it from Amazon.co.uk. Far as I know Amazon don't have any stock, Topware have it, and you can order it direct via their seller profile on Amazon rather than Amazon itself.

I ordered Thursday last week, it arrived Monday 28th February, despite the March 11th release date displayed on Amazon.

Here's a direct link, 3 sellers listed, Topware Interactive is the one you need.
Posted 9:44pm on Fri 4 March 2011
Robertoci
In response to FantasyMeister's
Technically the release date isn't really slipping, it's just that people thought that when Topware announced they'll be selling exclusively on Amazon.co.uk they could buy it from Amazon.co.uk. Far as I know Amazon don't have any stock, Topware have it, and you can order it direct via their seller profile on Amazon rather than Amazon itself.

I ordered Thursday last week, it arrived Monday 28th February, despite the March 11th release date displayed on Amazon.

Here's a direct link, 3 sellers listed, Topware Interactive is the one you need.

Yeah ordered it shortly after posting that comment and it dispatched almost immediately after placing the order.
Thanks anyway for the advice Smile
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site