Vote for the VideoGamer.com Community Game of the Year 2012!

Show Topics In:
Posted 4:22pm on Mon 3 December 2012
squidman
Vote for the VideoGamer.com Community Game of the Year 2012!
Greetings, friends!

First: HAPPY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Second: for the third year running I am about to kick off the official 100% real VideoGamer.com Community Game of the Year, an idea which I lifted off altaranga in 2010 and still haven't paid him a dime. Woo!

The Community Game of the Year is probably my single favourite article that we do over Christmas, mainly because the VG staff are always boring as hell and will probably just end up giving GOTY to Journey. Yawn! But we can't have a Community Game of the Year award without the Community, so I want/desperately need you guys to let me know what you thought was the very best.

So, yea, e-mail podcast@videogamer.com or message me on the forums with an ordered list of your ten favourite games released in 2012. Please make sure you include your forum name, and if you can make the subject of your e-mail VideoGamer Community GOTY 2012 then it will help me keep everything nice and organised, because proper organisation is the single most important thing in the entire world. Hurrah for digital cleanliness!

How does it work? Your #1 game will receive 10 points, your #2 game will receive 9 points, and so on and so on until your tenth favourite game gets a single point. All entries will be collected into a burgeoning Excel spreadsheet and then the game with the most points at the end will win. Easy peasy!

But wait, there's more! The results will be posted on VideoGamer.com over the holiday, and I want your opinions on the games you're voting for. It doesn't have to be long – a couple of sentences up to a couple of hundred words is what I'm after, and they'll get rolled up into the article so all the staff can troll you for a change. I'm only joking: all of the VideoGamer staff are utterly useless at trolling.

Here's last year's if you'd like a little frame of reference.

As always, you guys are super and I love that you all take time out of your lives to read our content and post on our forums. While there have been a few challenges for all of us, 2012 has been a super year for VideoGamer - and those successes are due to the continued support of you guys as much as it is anything else. I usually leave all the sentimental guff for the post itself, so I'll shut up now.

One last thing: I'll have to close voting on December 19 in order to get everything filed into the content pipe before we break for Christmas.

Please vote Sad
Posted 4:29pm on Mon 3 December 2012
rbevanx
    In response to Topic
    Greetings, friends!

Second: for the third year running I am about to kick off the official 100% real VideoGamer.com Community Game of the Year, an idea which I lifted off altaranga in 2010 and still haven't paid him a dime. Woo!

The Community Game of the Year is probably my single favourite article that we do over Christmas, mainly because the VG staff are always boring as hell and will probably just end up giving GOTY to Journey. Yawn! But we can't have a Community Game of the Year award without the Community, so I want/desperately need you guys to let me know what you thought was the very best.

So, yea, e-mail podcast@videogamer.com or message me on the forums with an ordered list of your ten favourite games released in 2012. Please make sure you include your forum name, and if you can make the subject of your e-mail VideoGamer Community GOTY 2012 then it will help me keep everything nice and organised, because proper organisation is the single most important thing in the entire world. Hurrah for digital cleanliness!

How does it work? Your #1 game will receive 10 points, your #2 game will receive 9 points, and so on and so on until your tenth favourite game gets a single point. All entries will be collected into a burgeoning Excel spreadsheet and then the game with the most points at the end will win. Easy peasy!

But wait, there's more! The results will be posted on VideoGamer.com over the holiday, and I want your opinions on the games you're voting for. It doesn't have to be long – a couple of sentences up to a couple of hundred words is what I'm after, and they'll get rolled up into the article so all the staff can troll you for a change. I'm only joking: all of the VideoGamer staff are utterly useless at trolling.

As always, you guys are super and I love that you all take time out of your lives to read our content and post on our forums. While there have been a few challenges for all of us, 2012 has been a super year for VideoGamer - and those successes are due to the continued support of you guys as much as it is anything else. I usually leave all the sentimental guff for the post itself, so I'll shut up now.

One last thing: I'll have to close voting on December 19 in order to get everything filed into the content pipe before we break for Christmas.

Please vote Sad

» Go to squidman's original post
    Please vote???

I love this part of the website! It's better than christmas for me, of course I and others are gonna vote :P

I'm hoping Mark of the Ninja gets in the top 10 Smile
    Posted 4:45pm on Mon 3 December 2012
    Mintyrebel
    In response to Topic
    Greetings, friends!

Please vote Sad

Martin, you did not specify, are we basing our GOTY on EU release dates or release dates from anywhere in the world?

E.G: Persona 4 was released November in the US and not until next year over here, I imported and think it's the best game this year. Does that count or not?
    Posted 5:30pm on Mon 3 December 2012
    MJTH
    In response to Topic
    Greetings, friends!

Please vote Sad

That's a good question. I think in the case of Persona 4, that is a re-release/ remake of a game, so I don't think it counts anyway. It is was same for the Ocarina of Time remake and Team Ico collection from last year. All are great games but they're not really from 2012.

In the case of games that aren't remakes, I think as long as it was released for the first time newly, in either the US or the UK this year at some point, I would of thought that's fine.

This year is a hard year in my opinion. I've had a lot more fun playing games released in previous years then I have had playing games that were release this year. And many of the few stand out releases from this year I haven't played/ experienced, so I don't want to them add to my list.
    Posted 5:35pm on Mon 3 December 2012
    Mintyrebel
    In response to MJTH's
    That's a good question. I think in the case of Persona 4, that is a re-release/ remake of a game, so I don't think it counts anyway. It is was same for the Ocarina of Time remake and Team Ico collection from last year. All are great games but they're not really from 2012.

In the case of games that aren't remakes, I think as long as it was released for the first time newly, in either the US or the UK this year at some point, I would of thought that's fine.

This year is a hard year in my opinion. I've had a lot more fun playing games released in previous years then I have had playing games that were release this year. And many of the few stand out releases from this year I haven't played/ experienced, so I don't want to them add to my list.

» Go to MJTH's original post
    It IS technically a remake with plenty of new additions. However as I say I'm happy to leave it off my list if the VG peeps say so Smile
    Posted 6:19pm on Mon 3 December 2012
    pblive
    In response to Topic
    Greetings, friends!

Please vote Sad

ooh. i will get thinking.
    Posted 6:32pm on Mon 3 December 2012
    Clockpunk
    In response to Topic
    Greetings, friends!

Please vote Sad

I know what my top ten are - no real surprises amongst them - but the hard part is figuring out the order they deserve to be ranked in...!
    Posted 6:44pm on Mon 3 December 2012
    Neon-Soldier32
    In response to Topic
    Greetings, friends!

Please vote Sad

I know what number one is and that's about it. I've not really played all the big Q4 releases this year like I normally do so I won't have as much of a valid opinion on what I actually think the top game is. (Although, from what I've read - and from FM's praise - I think FC3 would be pretty high up.)
    Posted 7:43pm on Mon 3 December 2012
    dazzadavie
    In response to Topic
    Greetings, friends!

Please vote Sad

I'm finding it harder and harder to post but this I will get thinking about. Love it every year.

Also I haven't a clue about my list so will take a lot of thinking. Lol
    Posted 7:57pm on Mon 3 December 2012
    Wido
    In response to Topic
    Greetings, friends!

Please vote Sad

I'll email mine next week. By then I should at least have played NSMBU.
    Show Topics In:
    Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
    View Full Site