Worst Game You've Played In 2010

Show Topics In:
Posted 1:49am on Sun 16 January 2011
p0rtalthinker
Worst Game You've Played In 2010
Hey forumites; guess what: I thought another thread about arguing would be fun! Whadda you know...

So. I was hanging out over at a friends house over Christmas break (Yay for fun times) and I managed to beat Kayne & Lynch 2 on medium difficulty on my friends Xbox 360 in a little over three hours (!!!); and lets just say it was SO bad I'm actually glad I didn't fork over the paltry amount of money you needed to spend to get the game during the Steam holiday sale.

So, this got me thinking; I wonder what was your worst game you've played in 2010, and if you so desire maybe write out a little review about why you thought it was so bad. Who knows? Maybe you'll even keep people from wasting their precious money.

A few rules should be taken into consideration though first:

* If the review contains spoilers about the game please put that part in spoiler text.

* NO TROLL REVIEWS OF GAMES, or starting flame wars about peoples reviews/accusing them of their opinion being wrong because it doesn't match your own (I'm looking at you @Doomed89).

* Game has to have been played in 2010. Doesn't matter what year it came out.

Anyway onto my "review:"

-The game took no more than 3 hours to beat on Medium difficulty. It was nothing more than go to point A to kill X number of enemies, then go to point B to kill X number of enemies, etc. There was no interesting plot twists, no meaning at all really. It was utterly dull and boring, all the way to the end of the game...Which came very abruptly. I was literally baffled when the game ended because it was so unexpected. The last two enemies in the game were two dogs...same type of dogs you fight throughout the game. The ending itself was unsatisfying and sets up a sequel. Why anyone has any excitement about this series baffles me.

-The game play is boring and the controls unresponsive (this, of course, is coming from a PC gamer who isn't really a fan of the controller, so take what you will from that), and the camera was very clunky, and the cover mechanic feels slow, unresponsive and not polished at all.

-Even on Medium difficulty the AI has super human aim and takes you out before you can even blink twice. Taking cover itself proved to be useless on so many occasions because enemy bullets tend to hit you regardless. Surprisingly, this game is still only around three hours long with this annoying AI.

-The graphics while exciting and different at first proved to be an annoyance. There are portions where you are blinded by some of the lighting effects and it leaves you trying to figure out where the hell you need to go as the enemy unleashes a horde of bullets. Once you do get shot not only is their a nice, big thick of red jelly smeared on your screen but everything gets blurry and the already annoying lighting effects get so bright that you cannot see. It was so bad it gave me a major headache afterwards.

-The story is ridiculously stupid and doesn't keep you interested at all. It also forces you to stare at a middle aged mans cut up and bloody ass for a couple of levels.

To sum it all up, this game is absolute sh!t.

If you do insist on playing this game though I suggest you go into the options and turn off the 'Shaky Camera' effect. I turned it off halfway through the game and it's much less headache-inducing.

2 out of 10 points.
Posted 1:58am on Sun 16 January 2011
Bloodstorm
In response to Topic
Hey forumites; guess what: I thought another thread about arguing would be fun! Whadda you know...

So. I was hanging out over at a friends house over Christmas break (Yay for fun times) and I managed to beat Kayne & Lynch 2 on medium difficulty on my friends Xbox 360 in a little over three hours (!!!); and lets just say it was SO bad I'm actually glad I didn't fork over the paltry amount of money you needed to spend to get the game during the Steam holiday sale.

So, this got me thinking; I wonder what was your worst game you've played in 2010, and if you so desire maybe write out a little review about why you thought it was so bad. Who knows? Maybe you'll even keep people from wasting their precious money.

* If the review contains spoilers about the game please put that part in spoiler text.

* NO TROLL REVIEWS OF GAMES, or starting flame wars about peoples reviews/accusing them of their opinion being wrong because it doesn't match your own (I'm looking at you @Doomed89).

-The game took no more than 3 hours to beat on Medium difficulty. It was nothing more than go to point A to kill X number of enemies, then go to point B to kill X number of enemies, etc. There was no interesting plot twists, no meaning at all really. It was utterly dull and boring, all the way to the end of the game...Which came very abruptly. I was literally baffled when the game ended because it was so unexpected. The last two enemies in the game were two dogs...same type of dogs you fight throughout the game. The ending itself was unsatisfying and sets up a sequel. Why anyone has any excitement about this series baffles me.

-The game play is boring and the controls unresponsive (this, of course, is coming from a PC gamer who isn't really a fan of the controller, so take what you will from that), and the camera was very clunky, and the cover mechanic feels slow, unresponsive and not polished at all.

-Even on Medium difficulty the AI has super human aim and takes you out before you can even blink twice. Taking cover itself proved to be useless on so many occasions because enemy bullets tend to hit you regardless. Surprisingly, this game is still only around three hours long with this annoying AI.

-The graphics while exciting and different at first proved to be an annoyance. There are portions where you are blinded by some of the lighting effects and it leaves you trying to figure out where the hell you need to go as the enemy unleashes a horde of bullets. Once you do get shot not only is their a nice, big thick of red jelly smeared on your screen but everything gets blurry and the already annoying lighting effects get so bright that you cannot see. It was so bad it gave me a major headache afterwards.

-The story is ridiculously stupid and doesn't keep you interested at all. It also forces you to stare at a middle aged mans cut up and bloody ass for a couple of levels.

If you do insist on playing this game though I suggest you go into the options and turn off the 'Shaky Camera' effect. I turned it off halfway through the game and it's much less headache-inducing.

2 out of 10 points.

» Go to p0rtalthinker's original post
Without a shadow of a doubt Fallout New Vegas or Sonic 4.
Posted 2:04am on Sun 16 January 2011
Woffls
In response to Topic

2 out of 10 points.

Dark Void

It wasn't terrible, but it was the worst 2010 game I played this year.
Posted 8:13am on Sun 16 January 2011
clangod
In response to Topic

2 out of 10 points.

The Saboteur.

Terrible.
Posted 8:52am on Sun 16 January 2011
dav2612
In response to Topic

2 out of 10 points.

Worst game I played last year must have been the Bionic Commando remake. It only cost me a few pound but it still terrible.
Posted 10:37am on Sun 16 January 2011
Stegosaurus-Guy-II
In response to Topic

2 out of 10 points.

Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Edit:

Oh right. Well it would probably be Assassin's Creed. I bought it really cheap just to see what it was like...and it was pretty poor.
Posted 10:40am on Sun 16 January 2011
dudester
In response to Topic

2 out of 10 points.

Naughty bear Wink
Posted 11:01am on Sun 16 January 2011
Neon-Soldier32
In response to Topic

2 out of 10 points.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Sometimes incompetant teammates and strange controls

NIER - Go here, Fetch this, Repeat.

Alien Vs Predator - Kill, Kill, Kill!

Demon's Souls - Too. Damn. Hard.
Posted 11:22am on Sun 16 January 2011
cousinwalter
In response to Topic

2 out of 10 points.

Naughty Bear
Posted 11:45am on Sun 16 January 2011
Wido
In response to Woffls's
Dark Void

It wasn't terrible, but it was the worst 2010 game I played this year.

» Go to Woffls's original post
I will have to agree also. I did like the jet-pack gameplay but the on foot gameplay was just bad.

Kameo also for me. I know its a Rare game but it failed to capitalised what could of become a lovely relationship... I'm not sure whether its a dated game or the linear plot. Gameplay wise was fun but wasn't enough to keep me engage with the game. I have to have the combo of good gameplay + story.
Show Topics In:
Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
View Full Site