Your stinker(s) of 2012

Show Topics In:
Posted 7:51pm on Sun 9 December 2012
rbevanx
    Your stinker(s) of 2012
    Enough of all this Game of the Year stuff, lets be really negative during the festive season.

What game or games have disapointed you or was just plain rubbish this year.

I sure as hell know mine!

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier which was bare minimum everything, couldn't have been more bare bones. In fact it was poorly made it reminded me of some of the terrible first batch of games on the 360 and PS3.

X-Men Destiny
    I think the only positive I can think of when it comes to this game is that the makers of the game can no longer sell this game, due to using the Unreal engine without permission.
    I find it astonishing how anyone can mess up on an X-Men game considering all the powers, characters and storylines they can use from the comics which I haven't got a clue about except for the cartoon show and films.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
    Wasn't expecting anything as it's a COD game and most of them are the same, but this game wasn't half boring still.
    They made almost no attempt to do anything new with the game except some very experimental Command & Conquer inspired levels, with a story that couldn't have been more all over the place if they tried.

Max Payne 3
    I can't believe how bad they messed this game up until I played it. I read it was bad, my mates said it was bad and I still bought it, simply because I loved the trailer I saw for it in the cinema and it's Max Payne!
    But it had a very dragged out campaign along with a story that tried to keep grounded in reality but at parts, esspecially towards the end was more over the top than the original two games.
    The levels and enemies were pretty much the same thing over and over again.
    What was also annoying was that the game was too focused on it story and I swear there were more cut scenes than gameplay. It was also annoying that you couldn't skip the cut scenes.
    What a shambles of a game honestly.

Anyway that's my ranting of some of the games released this year, and yes I'm well aware I didn't include Mass Effect 3 as I actually liked it except the lack of choices at the end which had been promised throughout the series :P.

Now...let's hear your rants Laugh
    Posted 10:37pm on Sun 9 December 2012
    Bloodstorm
    In response to Topic
    Enough of all this Game of the Year stuff, lets be really negative during the festive season.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier which was bare minimum everything, couldn't have been more bare bones. In fact it was poorly made it reminded me of some of the terrible first batch of games on the 360 and PS3.

X-Men Destiny
    I think the only positive I can think of when it comes to this game is that the makers of the game can no longer sell this game, due to using the Unreal engine without permission.
    I find it astonishing how anyone can mess up on an X-Men game considering all the powers, characters and storylines they can use from the comics which I haven't got a clue about except for the cartoon show and films.

Wasn't expecting anything as it's a COD game and most of them are the same, but this game wasn't half boring still.
    They made almost no attempt to do anything new with the game except some very experimental Command & Conquer inspired levels, with a story that couldn't have been more all over the place if they tried.

Max Payne 3
    I can't believe how bad they messed this game up until I played it. I read it was bad, my mates said it was bad and I still bought it, simply because I loved the trailer I saw for it in the cinema and it's Max Payne!
    But it had a very dragged out campaign along with a story that tried to keep grounded in reality but at parts, esspecially towards the end was more over the top than the original two games.
    What was also annoying was that the game was too focused on it story and I swear there were more cut scenes than gameplay. It was also annoying that you couldn't skip the cut scenes.

Anyway that's my ranting of some of the games released this year, and yes I'm well aware I didn't include Mass Effect 3 as I actually liked it except the lack of choices at the end which had been promised throughout the series :P.

» Go to rbevanx's original post
    Street Fighter X Tekken, just god awful and not even the so-call "saviour" 2013 patch can save it.

Syndicate- I REALLY wanted to like this game but i just couldn't story made no sense, didn't feel like a Syndicate game no matter how hard EA tried to convince us.
    Posted 2:30am on Mon 10 December 2012
    SelfSuicide
    In response to Topic

X-Men Destiny

Max Payne 3

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - I got it sent me by lovefilm and I'd sent it back by the next day. This game shouldn't of been allowed to see the light of day.

Fifa Street - First one I've played since the original, thought the game was one dimensional around the skill mechanics whereas I preferred where you could base your team around how you played the game.

Silent Hill Downpour - The pain of this game is you can see a decent game in it but you end up not caring about the story and it has the worst frame rate issues of any game I've played.
    Posted 11:01am on Mon 10 December 2012
    rbevanx
      In response to Bloodstorm's
      Street Fighter X Tekken, just god awful and not even the so-call "saviour" 2013 patch can save it.

Syndicate- I REALLY wanted to like this game but i just couldn't story made no sense, didn't feel like a Syndicate game no matter how hard EA tried to convince us.

» Go to Bloodstorm's original post
      I forgot about Syndicate I did about two thirds of it on my 2nd xbox account and thought it was really boring.
      Bit of a shame really as Syndicate Wars is one of my fav games of all time and they just made it into a generic shooter instead.
      I'm hoping they do a proper remake one day and go back to it's roots, online for that would be amazing!
      Posted 3:07pm on Mon 10 December 2012
      Wido
      In response to Topic

X-Men Destiny

Max Payne 3

Street Fighter X Tekken, mainly because of the bugs it had! The online mostly, singleplayer was ok for me personally. The online having no sound? Come on Capcom, don't ship a broken game before you release it.

Syndicate because of the dire story. I liked the action and the taking control of enemies by turning them on their allies was great. Shame it wasn't longer and giving the characters more depth! If the game was longer to allow the story to blossom, I think it would of been a great game.
      Posted 4:18pm on Mon 10 December 2012
      dav2612
      In response to Topic

X-Men Destiny

Max Payne 3

I don't have any stinkers from this year. In terms of disappointements there is NFS Most Wanted and Trials Evolution, neither was as good as I hoped but still very good games.
      Posted 4:28pm on Mon 10 December 2012
      rbevanx
        In response to dav2612's
        I don't have any stinkers from this year. In terms of disappointements there is NFS Most Wanted and Trials Evolution, neither was as good as I hoped but still very good games.

» Go to dav2612's original post
        Not even one!

Lucky bugger :P

Another one I was disapointed with, and I can't believe I forgot it was Deadlight loved the early footage of it but playing it wasn't half simple and just the same thing over and over again. And if I ever got stuck it was simply because the makers of the game hadn't done the level properly.
        Boring story as well.
        Posted 9:01pm on Mon 10 December 2012
        pblive
        In response to Topic

X-Men Destiny

Max Payne 3

The launch line up for the Vita had a few pretty dire titles hanging on to the fact that someone somewhere would be desperate enough to pay good money for them. Chief of these for me was Dungeon Hunter Alliance, which is basically a retooled iOS game with none of the charm and far more cost.

Another Vita game, Asphalt, wasn't a bad racer as such, but it became pretty bland early on.

The only other title I can think of from this year that I didn't like all that much was Wheels of Destruction, which billed itself as 'Unreal Tournament on Wheels' but wasn't anywhere near as good. It did have its moments, though, when playing against 3 good opponents online, so I'll let it off.
        Posted 7:32am on Tue 11 December 2012
        Wido
        In response to Topic

X-Men Destiny

Max Payne 3

Bloodforge! How could I forget that rubbish.
        Posted 5:35pm on Sat 15 December 2012
        rbevanx
          In response to Topic

X-Men Destiny

Max Payne 3

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation is another one I am gonna have to add.

The game is pretty much "run from A to B" full of bugs and I have done half the game and it's just corrupted on me with all my progress gone.

Never going back to it lol.
          Show Topics In:
          Quick Reply

Login or register to reply to this topic

Create a new account or login to take part in this topic discussion.
          View Full Site